Texas Fishing Forum

Blue Green Algae

Posted By: TEXASFIVEGUN

Blue Green Algae - 09/03/11 12:29 AM

Has CDC had even one confirmed case of illness attributed to blue green algae?  I can not find any evidence that one animal or human has been infected or affected from contact with water in or from lake Texoma. 
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/03/11 01:09 AM

If your going to fish then no. If you are going to jet ski, wake board or salomon ski then yes LOL rolfmao

Just kidding. smile

I heard of one case that some one got a rash and was itching from swimming at butterfly cove all day . NOT FISHING though smile but who knows if it was from the blue green algee. confused noidea
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/03/11 06:16 PM

Dont lick your lips !
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/03/11 07:58 PM

Dont snort the water.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/03/11 09:48 PM

Several years back a child died at Lake Grapevine from it.
Posted By: gkjflyangler

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 02:08 PM

How about this?

We could have a new local industry:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4ycdepe

Graham
Posted By: gkjflyangler

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 02:13 PM

Or, perhaps, more factually:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3tukdmu

Gtaham
Posted By: Doublehaul

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 02:39 PM

Ask this guy. He claims to be an authority on all things environmental.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=505&articleid=20110702_16_A4_CUTLIN2938
Posted By: GiantFish

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 08:35 PM

I got really sick from wakeboarding last week in lewisville. Not kinda sick, Really Really sick. All started with what felt like a serious sinus infection the same evening i was riding.

Not worth it I promise.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 10:43 PM

And do you have a doctors report verifying that you got sick from algae??? If not then don't infer what is not substantiated. Too much hear say and not enough facts.
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/05/11 10:47 PM

checkout sixoldgeezers.com texoma forum. They have several links to deaths of dogs dying and others from swimming in another Ok. lake from the same algae.

DC

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 12:15 PM

From 6OG site "Milford is 13.8 feet above normal pool and there have been human's becoming sick and 2 dogs dying from the algae."
Milford is in Kansas NOT OK!!!!
Posted By: MuskogeeMac

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 01:08 PM

Why don't you take a long swim at Texoma Steve. Then you will know for sure.
Posted By: duff1

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 02:34 PM

Give the man a break. Internet forums have become one of the last venues for demonstrations of chest-thumping manhood.
Posted By: Hydra Sport

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 02:53 PM

popcorn popcorn
Posted By: byodoc

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Hydra Sport
popcorn popcorn

+1
texas

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/06/11 05:58 PM

Don't worry about me I will do what I want but if you are going to post something this important get the FACTS correct. The inference was that since something happened on one OK lake (which it didn't) then it is just as bad at Texoma. The original question was about Texoma. I have not heard of any reports of dogs dying or humans getting sick on Texoma but I don't read everything. I never said to ignore the warnings that would be stupid, I'm just saying get the facts straight before posting.
Posted By: Shep M

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/07/11 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: OUTECH
I got really sick from wakeboarding last week in lewisville. Not kinda sick, Really Really sick. All started with what felt like a serious sinus infection the same evening i was riding.

Not worth it I promise.

Does Lewisville hs this algae that Texoma does? Maybe you just got sick?
Posted By: GiantFish

Re: Blue Green Algae - 09/07/11 06:45 PM

THE FACTS STEVE - I have been fishing and wakeboarding on lewisville my whole life or since i was about 10 and i am now 33 so for a while. I have never gotten sick this way before. I had two falls that were face-plants, for those who don't know it hurts and normally shoves a SH*% ton of water up your nose. This is where I ingested the bacteria I believe. Within about an hour I started to experience severe sinus pressure and a headache. I do have allergies so I thought who knows maybe something is really high today, which i think its ragweed right now. That night woke up with a horrible upset stomach which comes with additional rapid dehydration problems if you know what i mean that lasted for 2 days. Went to a walgreens pharmacy and talked to the pharmacist and he confirmed my getting sick was do to a bacteria ingestion with about a 90% chance which i call pretty good odds. He says it happens all the time in the summer, people just think they have a summer cold or a stomach bug. So that's the facts call them how you like but i got sick from a giant face plant that shoved a bacteria up my nose and gave me the sh*#s.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum