Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma advise please

Posted By: johnnlucky

Texoma advise please - 08/10/11 03:40 PM

I will be going to Texoma this weekend. I have not fished the lake this year. I will be on the water before sunrise. In the past i got into some top water action at sunrise starting by the dam and moving down to Table Top. After that i struggled. Is that the pattern? Any advise on where to launch the boat and where to find a few fish. Can i use slabs and sassy shad? Do i need to catch live bait? Any help would be useful. Thank you, John
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Texoma advise please - 08/10/11 05:59 PM

Thats a good plan..I would launch at the dam or eiesenhower and work north from there...slabs or shad will work.. Im having good luck on slabs on the west side but today live bait worked better
Posted By: No Sweat

Re: Texoma advise please - 08/10/11 06:07 PM

Full moon weekend this weekend... could be a nice bite mid-day as well. Don't discount top water at 2 pm...

Evenings have been good too. I know these things because I can't seem to get out in the morning any more. smile

Re: Texoma advise please - 08/10/11 06:56 PM

Thank you for the help. JD i have used you as a guide several times in the past. Thank you John for your advise. Can you turn down the heat?

Re: Texoma advise please - 08/12/11 04:00 PM

Any other suggestions?
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Texoma advise please - 08/12/11 04:50 PM

You can also put in at Highport and go out around the islands. There is a deep river channel that goes through there and I have always been able to get some fish around that area along the east side cliffs. Also go out toward Mill creek and there is a flats area that will hold fish and sandies if you just want to catch anything. The only thing is in the summer months you better be through fishing at 9:30 because the pleasure boaters are heavy in that area . In the fall, The boaters go home and it is quite nice out there and you will be able to fish all day . But the last time we went was over at Eisenhower and worked the south bank along the rocks from the ramp all the way down to the butterfly cove. We didn't get many because it was the 4th but saw others ( Guides ) getting quite a few. And the reports have said that the fishing has picked up in that area thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum