Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Fishing Club????

Posted By: BlueNitro

Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 12:50 PM

Would there be any interest in starting up a Lake Lewisville Fishing Club like they are doing at RH? No fees, no pressure, no worries - just guys and gals meeting once a month to get to know each other and talk about fishing on LL, Grapevive and Ray Roberts. We could share tips and tactics and create a network of members so when we are on the lake we could help each other out with fishing, shared trips or in case of an emergency. Maybe have a few 'fun' tournaments each year.

We could meet at a restaurant (Wecks/Sneaky Petes?) some weekend afternoon, come up with cool logos and find our own bikini babe (like Mrs. Rat Trap).

RHFC - not trying to steal your ideas, just wanting to start something similar on our home lake (I hate coming home on 635 on the weekends pulling my boat).

Ron
Posted By: Cajun88

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 01:52 PM

BlueNitro,

I would definitely be interested. Just let me know what developes and count me in.
Posted By: Robdogtx

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 02:21 PM

i'm in for LL and RR
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 02:23 PM

I'm interested. Lewisville is my home lake.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 02:34 PM

I am going to "Buddy" all those that respond and then will send out a group PM when we get something set up. If you want to help in getting this set up, let me know. I am just trying to facilitate getting this off the ground.I do think the best place for the first meeting would be Sneaky Petes so we could find our Bikini model. Just a thought.

Ron
Posted By: EzMoney012

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 02:57 PM

My Father, Brother and I are all interested in joining, we all three share a boat and we all three are 90% of the time on the lake together fishing. Lewisville is also our home lake. PM me all the information needed from us 3 since we chat/read the forumn just through my log in.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Number9

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 03:13 PM

I would be down for sure! FYI Weck's is no more. I run an embroidery business and did their shirts. They closed their Lewisville location, the only one outside of New Mexico.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 03:37 PM

FYI Weck's is no more. bang Where the He-- am I going to get my Green Chile Breakfast Enchilada fix? Good thing I can import it in through the 'black market'.

Starting to get some interest so I'll see if I can set something up for this weekend. It's too hot to fish anyway. flame

Ron
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 04:36 PM

I fish LL three to five days a week when its not 110 outside. I'm all for it. count me in.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 04:37 PM

Not sure what my availability will be this weekend but I'll try given enough notice.
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 04:43 PM

If you include Rayrob you might include Eagle Mt. as well. Just a thought.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 05:19 PM

I would also like to get some of the Guides who regularly fish LL as part of this rag-tag group. We all promise to not follow you all over the lake nor will we grill you for all your super secret hot spots. Just would like everyone to get to know everyone so when we see each other on lake we can say "Hi" and help each other out if the need arises. We can even recommend you as a guide which I have done in the past to people I have met and wanted to go fishing. We might even be able to teach others about 'Fish School Etiquette'. Would love to have you as a part of this group.

As far as other lakes around, come on over and I'm sure you can meet those who fish your "home lake" and can talk about other area lakes.

This is intended to be a group of people who like to fish getting together with other people who like to do the same. We are coming together to meet, share and help each other out when needed so the more the merrier.

Ron
Posted By: HerbC

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 05:53 PM

Add me as an interested party!
Posted By: PittState

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 06:11 PM

bassthumb, keep me in the loop.....Hunting season is just about on us and I will be focused on other activities! Between then and now, I am hoping this darn heat will let up, it is killing me.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 06:26 PM

PittState - we'll add you in and keep you updated.

Bassthumb - can you get his credit card number so we can charge the 'Diet Milks' at the club get-togethers to PittState? rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Ron

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 06:28 PM

It won't get you many "diet Milks", I spent it all at Moestackleshop!
Posted By: Hewey64

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 06:47 PM

I would be interested.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 06:52 PM

hahaha. diet milk... I am a serious hunter as well when it gets cold. Pitt...kansas??
Posted By: ChuckP

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 08:59 PM

Ron, I am in. I think that is a great idea. Let me know what I can do to help you out. Look forward to meeting you there sometime. I will be out there tonight, tommorow, friday, and saturday.

Chuck
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 10:20 PM

I'm in Ron and I'll help you out any way I can.. Few years ago me and some college buddies had a pretty good group that fished Texoma, we all had each other's number and could always get live reports when we weren't on the "x".. We also knew who to call in case of mech problems while on the water too..

Heck, I doubled what I know about that lake after fishing with you Saturday!

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/03/11 11:30 PM

Bassthumb, you bet Kansas hunting is on!

Where is SuperDuck???? We needs some "freebies" at our first meeting too! cheers
Posted By: Shep M

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:07 AM

I would be interested. I usdualky fish by myself would be nice to meet some people to fish with.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:11 AM

i always look at the other boats and wonder if ya'll are are them.
err, the people here. but out there.
something like that
Posted By: Team Brown Stripe

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:14 AM

I primarily fish Lewisville so I too would be interested.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:25 AM

will this be just people hanging out and talking about fishing or will it be a more formal meeting with an agenda and topics of discussion every month?

just wonderin'
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:28 AM

If you get Superduck involved it will be very formal, it might be a good idea to bone up on Roberts Rules of Order.
Posted By: Skipper Chuck

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 01:54 AM

I would be interested too.
Posted By: DRY Fishing

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 02:32 AM

Football is about to take over my life, but I'm interested.
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 03:27 AM

Sounds like a good Time & Good a Idea !

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: fastguy®
If you get Superduck involved it will be very formal, it might be a good idea to bone up on Roberts Rules of Order.

A motion as been put on the floor to elect SuperDuck to be the Chairperson on Formality as well as Committee Member and Technical Director on Lure Acquisition. Do we have a second? Vote on motion - all in favor? All ayes. Opposed? No nays. Motion passed. So moved and recorded. Now breakout the Diet Milks in toast and celebration of our first duly elected official. flehan

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 10:39 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Looks like we have sufficient interest to pull this off. Look for another post shortly with additional information on our kick-off meeting and agenda. If you are interested in becoming a member, you can continue to reply to this post so that we can keep this post going. Thanks for the interest and your future participation so we can make this group a success.

Ron

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Coach Some, Fish Some
Football is about to take over my life, but I'm interested.

If you coach against LHS, go easy on the quarterback because he is fragile and my insurance copay is a little high. No corner blitzes or his momma will get real mad at you for trying to hurt her little baby. Oh, and I'll steal your boat plug. scared
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 11:37 AM

Count me in, I fish LL all of the time.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/04/11 09:28 PM

Bump
Posted By: Team Brown Stripe

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/06/11 10:23 PM

Doesn't really matter to me it would just be nice to meet some of the guys that frequent the lake I do!
Posted By: cajun max

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/07/11 02:00 PM

sounds good count me in
Posted By: TomsFishinAgain

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/07/11 02:33 PM

I'm in.
Posted By: Seahunt'n

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/07/11 05:04 PM

Just joined forum to say I'm in.
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/07/11 05:39 PM

Welcome to the forum, Seahunt'n.
Posted By: hdluvrs

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/08/11 04:18 AM

Hey Blue, I'm in.
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/08/11 12:46 PM

Im in 100% for sure. Lets do it now.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/08/11 02:48 PM

Great guys,

Look forward to having you join and meeting all of you. Please see the following information for what I need to set this up (from a different post).

Our first meeting will be Saturday Aug. 13 2:00-??? at Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville. Our first meeting agenda will include Member Introductions, Chosing a Club Name (i.e. North Texas Silver Siders, NTX Slabs an Shad, etc. - bring your suggestions, will vote on), Club Logo and Media (Help!), Discussion on Fishing Courtesy, Discussion on Thermoclines (again Help!), Open Discussions on Anything Fishing and Proper Hydration.

I am putting together a club roster and would like each of you to send me an email at bluenitrotff@yahoo.com if you would like to become a member. I will need your TFF handle, Full Name, City, Contact Number, Cell Number, Email Address and a description of your boat (i.e. 18' Nitro Bass Boat - Blue Flake) so we know who you are when we see you on the lake. This will be given out to all members so please indicate if you would like me to "hide" any information from the group. Also, please indicate if you will be at the first meeting so I can give Sneaky Pete's a heads up.

Ron
Posted By: Fishinole

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/12/11 03:44 AM

I'm in. Keep me posted! Sounds fun
Posted By: fisherman dan

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/12/11 02:20 PM

I'm in too!
Posted By: kevinm94

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/29/11 01:13 AM

Sounds like fun, count me in !
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/29/11 04:28 AM

This sounds great! Ron I sent you some information.
Posted By: BMW_TT

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/29/11 01:08 PM

I'm in. Let me know what I need to do.

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/29/11 02:06 PM

Send me an email to bluenitrotff@yahoo.com with your TFF Name, real name, city, contact number, description of boat (example - 18' Nitro BB - blue flake) and your email address. We have a Member only website that is really cool, informative and fun. Our next meeting will be Sept. 10th at BPS in Grapevive. More info to come out soon. And of course membership is free and we welcome all friends and family.
Posted By: UncleBuck99

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/30/11 07:45 AM

Hey guys! I have been seeing the posts on here regarding the new LLFC. Anyway, I keep my boat there right next to tower bay. My fishing buddy and I are military and work nights and haven't been able to make the meetings. We are always out though! Have prob seen most of you guys out there. I have a 17' 5'' white VIP stealth with green rhino liner on the inside. See you guys out there! We are still trying to learn how to fish the lake as we are both primarily salmon guys, but it is fun to learn! Good luck and shoot a wave if you see us

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/30/11 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: UncleBuck99
Hey guys! I have been seeing the posts on here regarding the new LLFC. Anyway, I keep my boat there right next to tower bay. My fishing buddy and I are military and work nights and haven't been able to make the meetings. We are always out though! Have prob seen most of you guys out there. I have a 17' 5'' white VIP stealth with green rhino liner on the inside. See you guys out there! We are still trying to learn how to fish the lake as we are both primarily salmon guys, but it is fun to learn! Good luck and shoot a wave if you see us

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will have stickers on our boats and trucks so you know who we are. You guys should join and see if someone can't help your learning curve. We have a roster and website that has a lot of the members info/boat pictures. I will be on the water tonight around Twin Trees in a Blue Nitro Bass Boat so hope to see you guys sometime.

BTW - Thanks to all our military personnel and God Bless.
Posted By: UncleBuck99

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/30/11 04:59 PM

Ok, thanks I will check out the website. We are working tonight, but will be out this weekend a lot as we are deploying soon. See you guys out there, thanks for the info Ron. I will keep an eye out for you.

--Jeff
Posted By: Randyb38

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/31/11 04:04 AM

Im very thrilled to see the massive responses. I'd love to become a member. If it starts up.... please let me know.
Posted By: sand bass man

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/31/11 06:36 AM

sorry i haven't responded lately...i've been very busy with work
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/31/11 12:55 PM

I'd like to join up on the rare occasions I get to fish.
I'll shoot you an email tonight.
sept 10th @ BPS should be fun!

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 08/31/11 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Randyb38
Im very thrilled to see the massive responses. I'd love to become a member. If it starts up.... please let me know.

It's started and we already have 50+ members. We have a website (members only) and will be having our next meeting on the 10th at BPS Grapevive. Look through this post and there is info on how to join.

'I am putting together a club roster and would like each of you to send me an email at bluenitrotff@yahoo.com if you would like to become a member. I will need your TFF handle, Full Name, City, Contact Number, Cell Number, Email Address and a description of your boat (i.e. 18' Nitro Bass Boat - Blue Flake) so we know who you are when we see you on the lake. This will be given out to all members so please indicate if you would like me to "hide" any information from the group.'
Posted By: Braxton52

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 12/11/13 01:51 PM

I would definitely be interested! I live in Denton and Lake Lewisville is where I caught my very first crappie. Sign me up...
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 12/11/13 08:21 PM

Sounds like a awesome idea. I would love to join. Count me and my son in.
Posted By: Skipper Chuck

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing Club???? - 12/12/13 02:36 AM

Make sure to send Ron an email bluenitrotff@yahoo.com he will get ya hooked up with membership and access to the LLFC web site. Lots of helpful info there. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum