Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts help please!!

Posted By: KLAFishing

Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/19/11 09:34 PM

Looking for any tips ya'll are willing share! We had tough luck last year and are looking to rebound...We are probably going to be putting in at Pecan Creek. Are there any hotspots close to there??
Posted By: Leprechaun

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/20/11 01:19 AM

Bob LaMarch is a great guide up there!
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/20/11 02:26 AM

I have never had a bout on the lake but when driving over the dam I have seen SB on the east side blowing up.
Posted By: Number9

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/20/11 04:05 PM

In a week or two it should be easy fishing in the morning. Look for the boat show off of the southen most point. It will be easy to spot! From there it usually moves towards the marina. I went out a couple of weeks ago and they were hard to find surfacing. When I did find them they were dinks. Not many talk of RayRob on here, but when the sandies turn on, they are ON!
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/20/11 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Leprechaun

AKA "Boston Bob" here on the forum.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/20/11 06:45 PM

I haven't been to RayBob in awhile, but I would probably start near Cates Point, check our near Jordan Ramp early morning as well, and check the cove to the east of Isle du bois. Out in front of Isle Du Bois (north eastern side) is a good place to try a Hell Pet in the summer time in 20 to 25 foot of water.

Near the marina mid to late morning is a good spot to check for schooling fish

Good luck

Posted By: r42

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/21/11 02:47 AM

Lone oak bridge in the morning, out by the dam later in the day between the dam and the point where the two arms come together. Look for birds working.
Posted By: Rangerk9

Re: Ray Roberts help please!! - 06/21/11 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Leprechaun

Bob is a phenomenal Guide. Highly recommend! Bob's Web Page = Click

Rex
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum