Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Sand Bass

Posted By: SCDflynfish

Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 04:25 PM

Whats the news on the run from where you're at? I feel like this next string of warm days comin up later on in the week is really goin to bring em up.
Posted By: Jr. B.

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 06:15 PM

Man, I wish I was wherever you are. The forecast for N. Texas calls for colder weather and more rain. frown I've had enough!
Posted By: hookem horns(Keith)

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 06:30 PM

hey guys, welcome to the forum! i am going down to the creek this afternoon to check on the sandies! i'll report back. today it will be village creek on the south end of lake arlington!
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 06:39 PM

Jr.B welcome to the TFF
Posted By: Woody Wood

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: hookem horns
hey guys, welcome to the forum! i am going down to the creek this afternoon to check on the sandies! i'll report back. today it will be village creek on the south end of lake arlington!

I was thinking of going down there myself.

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 06:54 PM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Has anyone fished the Elm Fork of Trinity River between Ray Roberts and Lewisville yet? I used to fish there years ago and the area near where Clear Creek feeds into it was incredible. I plan on going again this year since we've finally had some rain.

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/17/10 07:13 PM

woody, i am not sure if they are up yet but there are a couple of cars under the bridge. last week the creek was 50 degrees but with the run-off from snow, it might have took the temp back down!
Posted By: Joe Pool Whites

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 05:12 AM

I am going to check out benbrook, or joe pool this weekend if not both. When I get back I will let you know how many we caught.
Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 06:25 AM

Man i think as soon as this water goes down from the snow, and it warms up they are gonna go crazy. I would say in a week or so will be good fishin
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 07:20 AM

Hope my boat engine is ready by then.
Posted By: SCDflynfish

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ArkansasTraveler
Man i think as soon as this water goes down from the snow, and it warms up they are gonna go crazy. I would say in a week or so will be good fishin

Thats what im thinkin
Posted By: Cody Neace

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Jr. B.
Thanks for the welcomes!

Has anyone fished the Elm Fork of Trinity River between Ray Roberts and Lewisville yet? I used to fish there years ago and the area near where Clear Creek feeds into it was incredible. I plan on going again this year since we've finally had some rain.
i havent but i have fished alton 3 times but got skunked yesterday

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: CrappieDudes
Originally Posted By: Jr. B.
Thanks for the welcomes!

i havent but i have fished alton 3 times but got skunked yesterday

I figured it was probably still a little early. I'm guessing it should pick up in about 2-3 weeks up here.
Posted By: Cody Neace

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 03:16 PM

i been pulling some nice ones outta the lake
Posted By: A/C MAN

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 05:53 PM

Hook'em did you do any good?

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 06:31 PM

going down today! got hung up at work yesterday! i drove by a few minutes ago and there is a guy down there with a few on a stringer but i couldn't see enough to tell if they where sand bass or crappie! i'll let you know later on!
Posted By: Chadt

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/18/10 08:54 PM

Anyone been to Rowlette creek yet, I was thinking about tring it out today before we get some more rain this weekend but not sure if there are any in there yet?

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/19/10 01:43 PM

in village creek below lake arlington, the sandies are slowly coming in. i was down there for about an hour and caught 2 small bucks and one black crappie! if the weather holds, next couple of weeks should be interesting!!!!!
Posted By: Joe Pool Whites

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/21/10 04:59 AM

Went to Joe Pool today marked several fish in walnut creek in deep holes but had no luck. Water temp was between 49-51 in the creek and 45-46 in the main lake. I will try it later this week and report back.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/21/10 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: hookem horns
in village creek below lake arlington, the sandies are slowly coming in. i was down there for about an hour and caught 2 small bucks and one black crappie! if the weather holds, next couple of weeks should be interesting!!!!!

Do you just walk in or are you taking a boat up the creek?

What is your bait of choice when you fish Village Creek. Are you using artis or live bait?

Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/21/10 11:13 PM

welcome aboard soonersorlaters

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 02/22/10 12:41 AM

I just park along side the service road and walk to the water under the bridges. the few i have caught have been on 1/8 oz silver roostertail with white tail! hope this helps!!
Posted By: unaka

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 03/25/10 04:37 PM

Anyone else getting any sandies village creek, lake arlington, the water is still high and muddy...????
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 03/25/10 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: unaka
Anyone else getting any sandies village creek, lake arlington, the water is still high and muddy...????

If it wasn't before, I am sure it is at least stained pretty good after that heavy rain last night.
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 03/25/10 05:04 PM

The run-off from the snow and the rain we got really knocked the water temps down. The fish have either moved way up the creeks or left the creeks I'm fishing. A few days of warm weather ought to warm them back up pretty quick. Maybe it will prolong the spawn, who knows. I'm about to head out and see what they are up to today.
Posted By: Mailman Dan

Re: Texas Sand Bass - 03/25/10 07:07 PM

I fished yesterday along bridges off of 34. It was slow, but everyone caught a few nice ones here and there..

Tawakoni did get alot of rain last night, so I didn't go today. Just hit Basspro and stocked up for tomorrow. Alot of hang up's in there, and a lot of flowing logs and such.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum