Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides

Posted By: cattle69

Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/16/07 08:23 PM

Invited some customers out for the weekend stayed at the Lodge at Hi line Resorts and I would highly recommend that place. We hired Fermin "NO Fish Catchin" Fernandez and that guide got them skunked saturday morning. I would not recommend this guy to anybody, he is an arrogant prick and a disaster waiting to happen. First off he was rude to the clients, and then a boat got to close to him and he pulled up anchor and went over to the other boat at a full idle acting like he was going to hit his boat and cussed him out. The old man in the other boat claimed to have thought he was someone else and was coming over to talk, that old man had some huevos, he told ol Fermin to get his butt on board and he would whip it. Fermin should have never done that with clients in the boat. He then bragged to my customers afterward how he would try and run down jet skiers and try and get them under the bow of his boat, he is an accident waiting to happen. He is a real prick!!!
Saturday afternoon we hired Empty Pockets Guide Service Jackie Headrich, and he is very recomendble guide. He showed the guys a great time, but they only caught four stripers. The fishing is slow and the water is stained. I caught four out of my boat on Sat. evening with the biggest going around 10#. We caught 1 striper on Sunday morning and 2 blue cats.
Posted By: thewolf

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/17/07 03:04 AM

Sorry you guys had a bad trip. We went out with Jim Crawford on Sunday. Landed 17 fish in 3 hours. Biggest was almost 9 pounds but all were good fish. He was great. HIGHLY recommend Mr. Crawford.
Posted By: fool4fishing

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/17/07 03:35 AM

Wow! Sorry you had to endure that while on a fishing trip.. I guess he shouldn't be in that sort of business...

We used Jackie last October, he is a good guide and did his best to get us on fish.. We caught 20+ stripers but only 9 were keepers.. It was a good day!!
Posted By: CapnJoe

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/17/07 12:12 PM

Are any of the hybrids that got stocked last year starting to show up? I would guess they should be in the 12-14 inch range by now.
Posted By: RAM

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/17/07 05:55 PM

I have caught some hybrids in Buch in the past but not recently.

We were out Friday night and the fishing was slow as well. Of course, we were using artificials only. Did see some nice shadows go by under the lights, but no takers.

Glad you at least got a drama play for your money...did he actually charge you for that?

I have a buddy that thinks Fermin walks on water...thanks for your report. I fowarded that to him today! Good Job!

In February, the lake was at 50% full....now at full it won't be so hot for the summer...at least till mid to late August. Heck, we're almost out of summer.

Glad you at least go to enjoy the lake.

R

Posted By: cattle69

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/17/07 10:18 PM

we paid full unfortunately
Posted By: Snakman76547

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 12:18 AM

We fished with Ken Milam up at the Northern end of the lake at Tow,TX and he was very good. Got us on the fish and had us laughing & having a good time. We limited out and they were all in the 8 - 10 pound range. No records, but a lot of fun.
Posted By: FishTracker

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 12:39 AM

I hope you didn't tip.
Posted By: FishTracker

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 12:40 AM

How many ramps or should I say roads can you launch from on Buch right now? Thanks, FT
Posted By: fool4fishing

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: FishTracker
How many ramps or should I say roads can you launch from on Buch right now? Thanks, FT

FT, right now Buchanan is 2ft below normal.. All the Ramps should be good I would think..

Is it? RAM..
Posted By: RAM

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 02:19 AM

Buch is at 1018.13 which is .13ft above full. It will go up to 1020 but 1018 is full. It's normally not so full this time of year and averages about 1014.

You can launch from all ramps right now as far as I know.

Yeah, Ken Milam's a hoot.

Craford is good too...I see some great reports alwasys coming from his camp.

R
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 03:03 AM

Sorry about the bad guide trip. I hate that.

Buch sounds like it getting clearer and ready to take off with some great fishing.

The TSA will be returning to Buchanan in September. Hope all of you will join us. Capn Joe we need some details here I think.

Posted By: Fisherman Ed

Re: Lake Buchanan report 7/13-7/15 Good Guides and Bad Guides - 07/18/07 12:00 PM

I fished Buchanan yesterday morning and caught a few stripers, none very large. I was downrigging. The fishing is slow which is normal for this time of the year. The water is warm and is stained. The fish appeared to be thin in the body, not really fat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum