Texas Fishing Forum

RC sandbass

Posted By: Billit

RC sandbass - 04/30/21 07:44 AM

Have annual trip coming up in a couple of weeks where is guys get together for a few days of fishing and fun. Not seeing many reports of the sandbass action on RC as of late. Wondering if birds are present and schooling fish and what tactics or areas are productive over the past weeks. I know with all this rain it may change things some with the creeks running soon but any updates would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: ML56

Re: RC sandbass - 05/01/21 07:16 PM

Will PM you in a couple min-Mike
Posted By: pjeffrey

Re: RC sandbass - 05/02/21 01:56 AM

We have been catching them schooling on little george and rattletraps. Just follow the birds that are active right now. Once your arms tire, you can catch them on slabs in the same area. Yesterday birds were all over the old 287 roadbed and sandbass are very active. For fun, I decided to jig an empty weighted hook to see if they would bite it and they did almost every cast. I think you could drop your car keys down there and catch a fish this time of year. Sure is fun.
Posted By: Scooterfire2

Re: RC sandbass - 05/03/21 08:07 PM

RC sandies have been super active. Good mix of hybrids too! Have limited out very quickly each trip!

Using white or silver rooster tails.

Re: RC sandbass - 05/12/21 08:11 PM

Annual trip starts tomorrow thankfully didn’t have anything planned for early week with all
Of the rain and cool temps. Any recent update? I Will be posting results through the weekend with pics if I can figure that part out.
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: RC sandbass - 05/12/21 08:27 PM

Whites on RC are on all Major points and Humps right now. Fish were stacked all over Pelican Isle and the Windsock in Sunday. I fished through the storm and manged easily 100-125 in about 3 hours.
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: RC sandbass - 05/12/21 08:29 PM

If.you dont.find them 20-30 ft deep, look a little deeper. I have caught more in the 35' range the last two trips.

Re: RC sandbass - 05/14/21 10:58 AM

Got out and spent a few hours on road bed and pelican. Fish were plentiful. A lot of under hybrids mixed in with sandbass. Good afternoon on water. Two person limit easily.
Posted By: ML56

Re: RC sandbass - 05/15/21 11:48 PM

Birds still all over them?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum