Texas Fishing Forum

February Texoma

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

February Texoma - 02/04/20 02:44 PM

Not always easy up on Texoma when multiple factors are against you. Lake had rose A couple of feet in a couple of days and now has been pulled down to 616.13 and the fishing has been somewhere between awesome and almost awful. Fish can be caught but it takes lots of time,work and some luck doesn’t hurt. About the only thing I can get to work the last few days is sassy shad three-quarter ounce ground along the bottom pretty much in 15-30’. There has been just two kinds of strikes either they “float”it which is what I called it when they grab it and the bait disappears and they swim at ya or grab it when it’s bumping along the bottom and it’s a good hard strike either way takes lots of patients and concentration.Last few I have really fished hard long hours for our catches.I really want the best trips for everyone who comes fishing with us.
www.Sixgillfishing.com is having a HUGE ROD SALE! Go check it out...this new lineup of gear is top of the line. So sensitive you can feel a fish sneeze on the bait smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Check out sunk boat
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hobie_Splash

Re: February Texoma - 02/04/20 04:35 PM

Great report Chris. It has been tough but still fun.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: February Texoma - 02/05/20 12:06 AM

Coming up in two weeks. All I hope for is good weather and maybe catch a few.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: February Texoma - 02/05/20 01:52 AM

Hard working report Chris. I appreciate the guides that stay out with their clients until you limit out or just stay out after your limit having fun. Chris is one of those guides that will do that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: February Texoma - 02/05/20 06:02 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: February Texoma - 02/05/20 12:54 PM

Looks like you ended on the "awesome" side. Thanks for sharing.
tim

Re: February Texoma - 02/07/20 02:58 PM

Well about to see what all the melted snow did to em...headed out 10:30
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: February Texoma - 02/07/20 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc/striper express guide service
Well about to see what all the melted snow did to em...headed out 10:30

Let us know how you do, Chris. Was planning to visit the big pond on my day off today. But buddy who lives near mill creek got sick. We discussed and agreed the pattern after the artic freeze... Today may be hero or zero kind of day smile
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: February Texoma - 02/08/20 12:55 AM

Great job! Way to put fish in the boat in tough conditions!

Re: February Texoma - 02/10/20 09:06 PM

Thx! It really just was not that good all weekend “even reschedule some” but today was stellar even in the storms it was cold and wet but there was some activity!
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: February Texoma - 02/10/20 10:57 PM

thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: February Texoma - 02/11/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc/striper express guide service
Thx! It really just was not that good all weekend “even reschedule some” but today was stellar even in the storms it was cold and wet but there was some activity!

Thanks Chris thumb

Re: February Texoma - 02/17/20 09:32 PM

Still on the up and down bite but today was really good I’m sure it’s just because of the front coming soon
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: February Texoma - 02/18/20 07:22 PM

Great information. Thanks.

Re: February Texoma - 02/25/20 01:06 PM

Still pretty much a total grind hoping for different results today
Posted By: Shooter_817

Re: February Texoma - 02/26/20 02:27 PM

Thanks for the report!!!
I literally just picked up my first boat and want to come do some fishing Saturday but it looks like the wind is going to pick up through out the day, how are the water conditions at texoma?
I have a 20’1” boat?
Should I still come out or do you think the water conditions will be too bad?
Posted By: Krappie-King

Re: February Texoma - 02/26/20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shooter_817
Thanks for the report!!!
I literally just picked up my first boat and want to come do some fishing Saturday but it looks like the wind is going to pick up through out the day, how are the water conditions at texoma?
I have a 20’1” boat?
Should I still come out or do you think the water conditions will be too bad?

You will be fine if you stay on the south side of the lake. Anything over 15 mph gets pretty dangerous on main lake. I have a 18' boat, and while you can cross the main lake in that wind it's an azz kickin to say the least. Congratulations on the new boat, and good luck.
Posted By: Shooter_817

Re: February Texoma - 02/26/20 03:49 PM

Thank you
Hopefully it will be a good trip out!!!

Tight lines, let’s get em’!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum