Texas Fishing Forum

TEXOMA IS FLOODED

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/14/18 10:11 PM

We super flooded,dock Getting pounded by the Northwinds the breakwater is gone moving all the boats now to the back of the marina for this big northern coming tomorrow and we are muddy nasty mess but the fish are still biting good...so far anyways :-)
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/14/18 11:07 PM

Some of my best fishing days have been during the previous two floods.
I met my best fishing buddy (Rob) during one.
I hope this one is of little impact and has minimal affect to anyone on the lake.
Stay safe Chris and all the Striper Express guides.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/15/18 01:22 AM

Its 8 and a half feet above and will climb as it rains more

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/15/18 12:23 PM

10 over and rising....Parking lot walkways underwater no power, Missed most of the cowboy game getting all the boats moved and secure
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/15/18 05:12 PM

What marina do you operate out of? Texoma is ugly when it floods. Corp site still has it at about 9.6' over. Hate that it happened. I had plans to take son up there. We would have gone last weekend but he was dove hunting in Midland. I told my fishing buddy that with all this rain it looks like crappie are on the menu. I am sure the corp is holding water back to protect the folks downstream. I was really hoping to hit it hard around Xmas.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/15/18 05:22 PM

Hate to hear! Sounds like it is going to be awhile before the lake is normal again.

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/15/18 05:47 PM

Mill creek

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/16/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service
Mill creek
makes sense. People from neighborhood growing up in Richardson have had trailers there for years. Use to go there a lot. One of the neighbors boats blew up just after fueling at gas dock. Daughter had been sitting on engine cover. Good thing nature called. They pushed it out and watched it burn.
Posted By: Caribwill

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/16/18 03:31 AM

Any tips on when it’s flooded and rising like now? Thanks!

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/16/18 12:04 PM

Not sure what you mean but it’s already flooded it’s 11 foot over pool and rising over a foot per day. No real idea when it will crest because it keeps raining

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/16/18 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Caribwill
Any tips on when it’s flooded and rising like now? Thanks!
just go to the Tulsa District corp of engineer website and click on Texoma. Or just goggle lake Texoma and pick the corp website. All of you answers are right there.

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/16/18 05:37 PM

Link to webpage

Lake Texoma Flood Control Status
Posted By: Caribwill

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/17/18 04:00 AM

Any tips on fishing when a lake is flooded like now? Thanks
Posted By: blooper961

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/17/18 12:04 PM

Shows 11 and a half feet high

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/17/18 05:01 PM

yep, watch out for floaters bigger than any you have ever seen. Normally the root balls are visible.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/17/18 05:08 PM

Yeah, enjoy the great river fishing below the dam.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/18/18 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B

Yeah, enjoy the great river fishing below the dam.
yep!
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/18/18 06:28 PM

Got to be a ton of nice stripers in the river now.
Hope to head there soon.
Posted By: Timmychanga

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/19/18 09:56 AM

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/19/18 02:07 PM

Sorry and sad to see another flood. But it was 28ft over the last round and currently 12ft over. But heard the catching is still good right now. Hope the level will drop after today's rain. 2015 flood qas brutal and I empathize with the BigT guides. They are like brothers to me.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/20/18 05:29 AM

Hang in there Chris! Will be up soon enough and will bring some ice cold diet milk !! See ya soon

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/20/18 04:48 PM

Staying at Tanglewood this weekend (not fishing) and I have a clear shot from my balcony of Highport. Boats are being launched. Takes a little bit of effort to get them off the trailer but they are finding a way. I can count at least 15 trailers in the parking lot and more coming in. They all appear to be fishing boats. Can see a few boats fishing around the islands.
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/22/18 02:00 PM

The thing that worries me is this is a el nino year but things are looking up right now. Inflow is dropping off and floodgates are open releasing 33,000 cfs so things should start to improve in the coming weeks. Lighthouse Marina has done a excellent job of keeping us up and running. Fishing has been on fire with easy limits of fish no mater how many bodies we pile in a boat. We have the best population of striper we have had in many years so get up here and take advantage of it while the getting is good.

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/22/18 04:30 PM

Hey Captain Steve, I normally launch at Lighthouse is that possible at these levels? How is the water quality? May come up tho weekend if the hunting bug does not beat out the fishing bug?
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/22/18 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Hey Captain Steve, I normally launch at Lighthouse is that possible at these levels? How is the water quality? May come up tho weekend if the hunting bug does not beat out the fishing bug?

It's a little sketchy but I have seen a few boats launch. Water is stained in some areas and super clear in others.

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/22/18 09:42 PM

Sounds like Grandpappies might be better choice
Posted By: ChrisR

Re: TEXOMA IS FLOODED - 10/25/18 02:00 AM

Fishing was good today..got to the mid lake area and found some cleaner water as I keep
My boat at Highport...found some birds working in 28-30 fow and it was on..birds left but the fish stayed
In that area...caught them til I was ready to leave..nothing big..about 8lbs biggest
Looks like Big T is going to be good this winter...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum