Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork sandies

Posted By: deepwaterd

Lake Fork sandies - 10/05/18 09:13 PM

Man, where have the sandies on Fork disappeared to? My freezer is empty so if anyone could offer some information, it would be appreciated - thanks!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/06/18 12:28 AM

They disappeared couple years ago,...oh you can catch a few here and there,..but the big schools are gone,..
or hiding really good...I haven,t seen any schools all spring or summer... confused
Posted By: Guide Richie White

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/11/18 07:15 PM

Last time I saw a good school of sandies was the first week of June. Don't know what happened to them.
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/12/18 11:42 AM

Strange, anybody have an educated idea?
Posted By: POPPA

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/13/18 12:43 AM

go crappie fishin at nite wit live bait you will catch all the sandies ya want
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/14/18 11:04 AM

The last one I caught was on a bridge piling in August. The last school I've seen was on the old 2946 roadbed early in the summer. I hear there are some on the old 154 roadbed.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/14/18 09:39 PM

maybe they don't like the sun,.. cool
Posted By: medic911

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/15/18 02:33 PM

Fork sandies disappear ever summer. I think the move out to deeper timber and suspend making them harder to find and fish for. they should be showing back up on points and humps now that the water is cooling off. When the water gets in the 50s deadsticking deep water with rock.

April though june is best times on Fork.

I fished a bass tournament last weekend. Caught 5 Blacks that weighted 6.75 lbs (paper tournament). Our best 5 sandies was over 10 lbs lol.
Posted By: deepwaterd

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/30/18 06:18 PM

here's my theory about what happened to the sandies: in late June, a UFO flew over Lake Fork with its teleportation device set to transport blonde, blue eyed women up to their ship and the device malfunctioned and all they did was to take all the sand bass out of the lake! Makes about as much sense as anything else I can figure out...
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Lake Fork sandies - 10/30/18 06:28 PM

Where are you guys checking for them? Caught several and saw some guys whipping them on the sawmill yesterday.... Front end of horseshoe (literally in the running lane) has been loaded for a couple of weeks.... Greens point on the edge near the drop by the running lane...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum