Texas Fishing Forum

Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!!

Posted By: on the fly

Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:38 PM

I am staying at Lighthouse marina and I haven't been able to catch more than 6 at a time. I am just not familiar enough with this lake. Cedar Creek, no sweat. I have thrown all around the marina and the wind blown beaches but nothing. I just dont get it. Can anyone help me with this? I have been going to the bait store for salties but they ain't done anything this time around. If I could afford to hire a guide I would but I am more than willing to compensate. If you can help send me a PM and I will get to you. It's been the trip from hell so any help would be great. Thanks y'all.
David
P.S. All information would be strictly confidential. I understand that these shad are your livelihood.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:41 PM

Get up before sunrise and throw at the bright lights on the marinas

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:45 PM

Thanks. I have been getting up at 3am every day hitting every light. I think I'm cursed.

Mods. I am very sorry. Does the one reply a day rule apply here too or just the classifieds? Sorry thought about it right after I hit send
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:49 PM

Interesting. That is how I remember getting them up there in years past.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: on the fly
Thanks. I have been getting up at 3am every day hitting every light. I think I'm cursed.

Mods. I am very sorry. Does the one reply a day rule apply here too or just the classifieds? Sorry thought about it right after I hit send
I can not help with the shad but you can talk all you want in this section. Good luck!
Posted By: Hayabusaracer

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 05:58 PM

I have been finding them in deeper water. Go out and find a few with your sonar then hang some lights off your boat and slowly drift and you should see them hitting the top of the water, that’s what i’ve Been doing anyway.

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 06:00 PM

Thank you sir.
fishin'aholic2, I just pm'ed you but all it says is that I have been all over this marina enough show you which slips have brush piles and two that are holding crappie bu the creek channel.

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/04/18 06:02 PM

Hayabusaracer, thanks. I'm willing to try anything to get my boy on some fish.
Posted By: Brianh

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/05/18 02:20 AM

I guide out of the lighthouse. Bait has been tough for us for about a week now. We're throwing around the marina lights and drifting with our lights out in the lake. Most mornings were happy if we're getting 1-6 baits a cast. Been bad since the full moon.

Re: Please...Need help with shad on Texoma!!! - 08/05/18 08:07 PM

That's what I've been hearing. I'm trying open water tomorrow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum