Texas Fishing Forum

Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell

Posted By: hybridfisher

Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/02/18 02:15 AM

Had a great trip today with three of my buddies and guide Wes Campbell on Lewisville. We wanted to target hybrids and Wes did not disappoint. Started out about 6:00am and the bite was on quickly. We often had two fish on at once and Wes stayed constantly busy re-baiting our shad and unhooking hybrids that were not happy to be in the boat! We had to move around throughout the morning but we did limit out with hybrids up to about 22”. Along with those we threw back a bunch of catfish, a very nice black bass, a drum, and several sandies.
Thanks to Wes for all his hard work in the dark or night netting shad, and answering all of our fishing questions. I learned a lot about bait fishing and electronics, and even filleting with an electric knife. I highly recommend Wes Campbell (BendaRod Fishing Guide Service) for any trip you may be planning to lewisville. He really knows this lake and what works to get the fish to bite. I have a few photos But I can’t get Flickr to cooperate.
I used to use photobucket. What do I need to do to get a photo to show up?
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/02/18 02:40 AM

Wes knows his stuff
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/02/18 04:55 AM

Wes is a great guide! I learned many things from him! Glad he has his boat back and is able to guide again!
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 12:54 AM

Thanks for the kind words hybridfisher! I enjoyed it!
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 01:04 AM

I was wondering how you were doing Wes after hearing about your boating accident. Glad you're well and back at it!

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 01:32 AM

Can’t seem to get a photo to show up. Link to my flickr photo below

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 01:33 AM

https://flic.kr/p/KY79ev
Posted By: gborg

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 01:41 PM

Solid , healthy and soon to be tasty Hybrids. Good post , thanks for sharing.

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 07:45 PM

They do taste great. We dip them in milk, roll in bread crumbs, put in a pan and drizzle with melted butter and bake for 10 minutes at 500 degrees. Mmmm
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 09:10 PM

I like mine dredged in Tony’s and flour, then melted vanilla bean ice cream , then Panko bread crumbs and fry for 4 min. Off the chart good! Even people who don’t like fish like that!

Those are some stud hybrids! Congratulations!
Posted By: Rockhound_Byars

Re: Great trip today for hybrids on lewisville with Wes Campbell - 08/04/18 11:36 PM

Great job!
We use crab/crawfish boil and cut up cubes.
Dust em lightly with Tony Chachere’.
Drop em in for 15-20 seconds and BAM!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum