Texas Fishing Forum

Trip to texoma 7/9

Posted By: River Mongrel

Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 05:37 PM

Went with " Chris "the Wizard" Carey" of Striper Express. This is the 10 th time to be in the boat with him. And for the 10th time we absolutely murdered them. Literally couldn't fit another fish in cooler.

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 05:39 PM

Here is the MEATCOFFIN
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 06:03 PM

That’s a box full. Chris can load em up!!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 06:08 PM

Wow! Sweet pescado pics! thumb
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 06:15 PM

Nice fish!
Posted By: K.G

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 07:07 PM

Good Haul There.thumb
Posted By: RossF

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 09:21 PM

Awesome! we fished with them on Saturday and it was TOUGH. Even the bait guys were having a tough time....guess the weekend traffic had them shut down a bit. looks like i need to come back during the week.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/10/18 11:25 PM

Awesome fish. Y’all did good. Good job on Chris’s part too.
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: RossF
Awesome! we fished with them on Saturday and it was TOUGH. Even the bait guys were having a tough time....guess the weekend traffic had them shut down a bit. looks like i need to come back during the week.

Good job guys. Saturday was tough. Looking forward to the day I can quit fishing weekends.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 04:02 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: captain steve barnes

Good job guys. Saturday was tough. Looking forward to the day I can quit fishing weekends.

It wasn't easy. We had to stick n move a lot. Burned a lot of fuel. That and having the WIZARD fine tune our techniques we were able to slowly but surely fill that meatcoffin. Without his knowledge of the lake and fantastic equipment (lightweight rods n reels) we would have had a long hot day with very little meat to go. But we left with 35 lbs of pure white meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So, if you want to fish with a pros pro hire Striper Express.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 05:40 PM

I am going Friday. Is there any surface action going on? I know there was some up the Washita towards the middle/end of June.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 05:50 PM

Headed out there tomorrow looking for crappie

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
I am going Friday. Is there any surface action going on? I know there was some up the Washita towards the middle/end of June.

We saw very little top action.

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2

They were on ledges in 30 ft of water. We prefer striper over crappie, they are a mushy meat fish.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: River Mongrel

They were on ledges in 30 ft of water. We prefer striper over crappie, they are a mushy meat fish.

Wasn't comparing meats just stating I will be out there tomorrow looking for crappie.

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/11/18 07:26 PM

Wasn't comparing meats just stating I will be out there tomorrow looking for crappie.

Cool cheers

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/12/18 05:38 PM

looked like in the one pic that you all were close to the east side of Table Top. Of course I had no way of knowing what depth. I have not fished Texoma as much as I use but from what I recall it is about this time of year when they start suspending at 50-60' in the river channel.

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/12/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper

looked like in the one pic that you all were close to the east side of Table Top. Of course I had no way of knowing what depth. I have not fished Texoma as much as I use but from what I recall it is about this time of year when they start suspending at 50-60' in the river channel.

I don't really know locations. But your probably correct . Wait I remember now,we were opposite from dam on far east portion of lake.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/12/18 06:47 PM

Looks like you were just off Preston point to me
Posted By: RossF

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/12/18 10:00 PM

Yep, everyone was struggling...really look forward to week day fishing too!

Re: Trip to texoma 7/9 - 07/13/18 01:22 AM

Yep, everyone was struggling...really look forward to week day fishing too!
yep that is why I am going tomorrow. June was big bait month. They wanted nothing but 7-9" gizzards. I fished late June once and they would not touch a large threadfin. Fished 2 hours with large threadfins and they would just suck scales off. I threw back most all of the small baits I caught. Finally tried the ones I had left and got 6 fish in minutes. Never know so now I keep a variety if I catch them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum