Texas Fishing Forum

Lockjaw Linesiders

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/06/18 04:46 PM

Fellas, it’s been a tough year as my traditional spots on Lake Whitney and other local lakes haven’t been producing like they have in the past. The only time I actually got on fish, I got a dadgum treble hook stuck in my hand and missed out on catching a nice bag of stripers and sandies! Needless to say, my luck on marked fish on my depth finder and side scan has been marginal at best whether it be trolling rigs, slabs, jigs or even Mepps! Can anyone offer me some ideas or words wisdom, so I can end this slow streak? I plan on getting a guide later in the year, but I hope to have something tide me over until then!
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/06/18 06:43 PM

Perhaps some live bait...
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/06/18 06:55 PM

Are you using a splasher or thumper or both?
Are you looking for fish tight to the bottom or suspended
If you don’t get a bite in 10 min are you looking elsewhere?
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/06/18 06:56 PM

Carolina rigged shad 3-5 cranks from the bottom or just above the thermocline should do the trick... switch to artificials when they turn on.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/07/18 03:27 PM

Live bait shad or small Perch will turn that luck around.
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/07/18 05:06 PM

Certainly can understand that for stripers, but I’d think that I’d at least be able to pick up some sandies. What are the thoughts on catching sandies when the bite is tough like this?
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Lockjaw Linesiders - 07/07/18 05:51 PM

I made a video the other day sharing a tip I learned the hard way on catching summer hybrids. It has made me WAY more successful this summer and I have feeling it will help you out as well. Check out this video and see if it will help you with stripers on lake Whitney.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOhKEN3RFoE
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum