Texas Fishing Forum

What a trip

Posted By: Timmychanga

What a trip - 06/22/18 12:31 PM

FPH was glass, and I had met a fellow reader of the TFF at the boat ramp that asked if he could follow me. I told him I would go out and slay them. There were just a few ski boats and me. Before I got out on the lake, I was asked for an autograph by a father and son who follow my comic strip. LOL

I decided to put up my front hammock and umbrella since it was so calm and I might catch a nap. I checked all my best spots and they showed no fish and my tag along got bored and left with no action. I cut the motor and climbed into my hammock, rocking with the slight waves from distant ski boats. With 80's rock booming from my system, I heard a flip, flip, flip. Then I listened to a tremendous splash. The water exploded around my boat. Shad and fish slapping everywhere. I scrambled out of the hammock and started to cast. No hits but lots of fish. I then could see what all the noise was. Large gar had begun a feeding frenzy around my boat. The feeding frenzy lasted about 5 min, and later the lake calmed.

Sometimes it's what you see on the trip, not the fish you catch.

Posted By: chascat

Re: What a trip - 06/22/18 01:50 PM

I thought I was the only one that had days like that! That's fishing!
Posted By: Luke57

Re: What a trip - 06/22/18 02:11 PM

So true
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What a trip - 06/22/18 08:51 PM

Nice post! cheers
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: What a trip - 06/22/18 09:12 PM

That cartoon lol! roflmao
Posted By: jbobo

Re: What a trip - 06/23/18 12:46 PM

clap
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: What a trip - 06/24/18 04:45 PM

I have had that happen twice on Lewisville where massive schools of gar were chasing shad. The first time we threw Halco swimbaits and had a few hookups but they always came off. Fun to get the fight but not have to unhook two trebles from a pissed off 4 ft gar.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum