Texas Fishing Forum

Whites / hybrids on Buchanan

Posted By: texasbassdude

Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/15/18 02:55 PM

My brother and I are taking the kiddos out to Buchanan this weekend and hoping to get some whites or hybrids to pull on the kids' lines. Would anybody mind giving up tips on where you accidentally run across any of these while fishing for the superior green fish? PMs certainly welcome.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/15/18 04:54 PM

Not sure but the stripers are thick
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/18/18 05:58 PM

I haven't been there since May, but over the winter and early spring, they were stacked at about 35-50feet. Check out the videos on my channel and there are some tips on finding them and how to catch them. Example below, there are more on the SkunkedAgain channel. Good luck. Jut don't give up.

Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/18/18 06:13 PM

Sent PM
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/18/18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BrandoA
Sent PM

Brando:
I don't see a PM in my box. Please resend if you intended this for me.
Tim
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/19/18 03:24 AM

Tim pm sent.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/20/18 05:28 PM

A couple of weeks ago the stripers (no hybrids in Buchannan that I know of) were stacked in 65' just above the tree tops. Never saw any sandies surfacing but I have heard they are now.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Whites / hybrids on Buchanan - 06/20/18 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbassdude
My brother and I are taking the kiddos out to Buchanan this weekend and hoping to get some whites or hybrids to pull on the kids' lines. Would anybody mind giving up tips on where you accidentally run across any of these while fishing for the superior green fish? PMs certainly welcome.

I'm doing the same this weekend with my son and my dad.
If you see a red/white skeeter CC with a big sunshine bait tank on the front that will be me. Feel free to come by to say Hi.

It's been a few years since I've fished the lake. The last time I was there, we drove down the boat ramp and then drove another 100 yards or so to the lake were we launched from the bank. I'll be wondering around to find them as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum