Texas Fishing Forum

Fish Finder Help

Posted By: ToonFish

Fish Finder Help - 06/05/18 11:40 PM

Would Like to give a shout out to Capt. Craig for his help in setting up my electronics...It is really nice being able to read and know what comes across my fish finder...I am catching more fish since Capt. Craig set up and explained my electronics to me...He really took the time to explain and show how to use and read it...
If anyone is needing help with their fish finder (how to set up, dialing it in, and reading the fish) shoot Capt. Craig a message on this forum....well worth the money...
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Fish Finder Help - 06/06/18 01:28 AM

I figured if my son could learn to play guitar on you tube I could figure out how to read a fish finder. Why pay for something there are 1000’s of free videos about?
Posted By: ToonFish

Re: Fish Finder Help - 06/06/18 04:39 AM

Believe me...I understand what you are saying and tried several time after watching videos and talking to friends..LOL...Just wasn't able to get it dialed in to were I felt comfortable as to identifying what I was seeing...and believe me, it was a lot of trial and error...I felt I had paid $700+ for a screen that I couldn't read any better than the cheap one I had...I knew I would get some people that wouldn't understand paying for something like this but to me, it was well worth the money I spent...I might have figured it out after several more tries but I was able to get help and get to fishing...I just wanted anyone else that maybe having trouble, like me, to know that there was help out here if needed....
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Fish Finder Help - 06/06/18 10:46 AM

Thats true! After guide Bob Maindelle taught me tips and tricks to reading sonar my whole fishing world changed! Check out my YouTube videos if you want some screen shot examples and tips!!
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Fish Finder Help - 06/06/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: RespectTheFish
Thats true! After guide Bob Maindelle taught me tips and tricks to reading sonar my whole fishing world changed! Check out my YouTube videos if you want some screen shot examples and tips!!

Same here. Youtube videos tend to brush over the details, and you don't get to dialogue in real time. I learned alot from Bob Maindelle also. It has improved my fishing after that trip.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum