Texas Fishing Forum

Bridgeport 5-28

Posted By: jbobo

Bridgeport 5-28 - 05/28/18 08:17 PM

I’ve been hearing rumors about folks catching a few nice hybrids lately. Since I haven’t had any luck with that for a while I’ve been boycotting BP and chasing stripers at Pk and Texoma. My neighbors and I decided to give it a go this morning for a while till the play boats came out. I had to run by runaway bay so my backseater could get his license. We were later than I wanted and couldn’t find any shad. I did catch half a dozen perch and did not have high hopes for them working very well. After looking at a couple of places I noticed a few boats not far so I went to check it out. A local guide buddy was there so I gave him plenty of room and anchored a couple hundred feet away and dropped those perch down and immediately got hit. Drag stripping locomotive was on the other end. Well it would have stripped more but some dummy forgot to check the drag after my last trip. That loco actually broke the hook off at the end of the shank by the bend. After landing several we had to go chase down some more perch. It might have been easier to use a hook and bobber than throwing the net. Finally found 9 more perch and decided that would do us. We finished with 1 shy of a 2 man limit. Altogether a good morning on BP. I guess I’ll have to visit more often.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Bridgeport 5-28 - 05/28/18 10:39 PM

Haven’t heard from you in a while, thought you might have retired the fishing gear clap

Sounds like a good trip.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Bridgeport 5-28 - 05/28/18 10:50 PM

roflmao
I’ve been busy catching up on stuff around the house and work. It’s about time to cut loose from all that and chase some fishes. Gonna hit Texoma end of this coming week to see what I can get into up there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum