Texas Fishing Forum

First trip on the boat with the girls

Posted By: scubaarchery

First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/06/18 03:48 AM

Today was a day I have been looking forward to for over five years, a chance to take my 5 year old and 3 year old fishing with me on my boat. They have both caught stocked trout and my oldest has caught sandbass on Rowlett creek but this was a new adventure for the three of us. My wife was dreading the trip because we had basically blanked on our last solo trip.

I headed out early to catch some bait and do some prescouting then met them at the boat ramp. On the way to pick them up I noticed some teens working and as we left the boat ramp they were still there so I decided to try there for a bit. I hit the splasher, and started to see fish gather almost immediately. The first shad wasn’t in the water for more than a couple of minutes before it started getting bit. My youngest was up first and as she cranked twice, the pole bowed over. Turned out to be a 17” hybrid. The action was pretty fast and furious at one point we had fish hitting all four poles before I could get the first one rebaited. We caught 6 decent sandies and released about the same amount of smaller sandies a few more small hybrids and a drum. Quick shout out to Johnny (two guns) and Wes (bend a rod) for their support. I have taken a couple of trips with each of them and have learned a bunch from them.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/06/18 12:05 PM

That’s what it’s all about. Those will be the best memories when you’re my age. thumb
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/07/18 12:17 PM

That's awesome! I fish Lewisville too, with my 7 and 5 year olds, and it was my dream too, to be able to take them fishing on my/their own boat. Otherwise I would have just kept bumming rides and kayaking! We are in a Sea Hunt 188 Triton, white and gray, so come over and say hello if you see us.

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/08/18 02:57 AM

I try to fish about every weekend if the weather is decent. I cast net about 50 shad and start fishing. I am in a camp G3 with a big blue bait tank on it. Give me a call or text me if you are fishing 972 689-4245. We can at least keep each other posted on fishing conditions! When I fish with the girls we don’t run very far but I am all over if fishing with friends.

Sincerely,
Eric
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/08/18 05:32 AM

Nice work Sir. That is greatness thumb
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/08/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: scubaarchery
I try to fish about every weekend if the weather is decent. I cast net about 50 shad and start fishing. I am in a camp G3 with a big blue bait tank on it. Give me a call or text me if you are fishing 972 689-4245. We can at least keep each other posted on fishing conditions! When I fish with the girls we don’t run very far but I am all over if fishing with friends.

Sincerely,
Eric

Sounds good Eric, I'll hit you up next time I am or have been out and let you know what I'm finding. Take care and great fishing!

Re: First trip on the boat with the girls - 05/08/18 10:23 PM

I am going fishing this weekend either Saturday or Sunday. Hoping the winds will die down...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum