Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning

Posted By: brandi97

Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 03:44 PM

This morning by the old dam the whites and afew hybrids were on fire. Caught and released about 20 in an hour. That's a lot for me.
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 04:18 PM

Good to know, thanks for the report! I haven't been able to get out early lately, but the last two days around mid day found them off Twin Poles and Lake Park, 20-25 fow at both. Keep after them!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 04:20 PM

They are all over the place at the moment. Any main lake point will have fish on them for the most part

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 06:22 PM

Oh it's a blast. I haven't caught ONE fish this season. Until today. Woohoo!

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 06:24 PM

Haha just kidding. They weren't monsters. Average size was like this one.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/29/18 11:06 PM

We were at the boat ramp about 7 then spent about an hour catching shad. Finally headed to some points about 8:00. Saw some birds working but nothing busting so tossed some slab and thump buddy combos in all directions. I can throw about 40 yards and slow retrieved them in. Started picking them up 2 at a time. Only a couple of real big ones but most were 12” so worth keeping. We could only fish for about 2 hours and were no where close to a limit but we ended up with about 30 and threw some smaller keepers back. From about 9, they started busting on top. I should have tied on a popper but my friend wanted these for a fish fry.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/30/18 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: scubaarchery
spent about an hour catching shad.

eeks
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 04/30/18 04:25 PM

I may take the yak out this afternoon. Just put the replacement seat on it yesterday.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Lewisville boiling like crazy this morning - 05/03/18 01:34 AM

Holler if you know a good spot let me know (pm me please). They were at the ramp and the dock but holding to light to the rocks or the side of the dock so hard to get a bet over them. Normally I get there before sunrise and turn my lights on (duck boat) and they come to me...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum