Texas Fishing Forum

Rip George Good TSA cofounder

Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 04:37 PM

George Good was a Co founder of the Texas Striper Association around 1990. George loved Striper fishing an fished Striper lakes in Many different states including Texas, Arkansas and Tennessee.
George fished well over 150 Striper tournaments. He was a veteran and served with the Sea Bees.
He left behind a large prospering family.
He was born August 16, 1928 and passed just short of his 90th birthday on April 11, 2018.
George was laid to rest today in Waco Texas.
Rest in Peace my friend!
Posted By: c.g

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 08:17 PM

>(((º> † RIP † <º)))<
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 08:59 PM

Never heard of George, but sounds like he would have been a good one to know. RIP angel
Posted By: MrG

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 11:02 PM

We got in a little late to the TSA but we did have the opportunity to fish with and hang out George several times. Watching him launch that huge rig by himself was a sight to see.

He was a real man and I feel honored to have known him. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: Stripaholic

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 11:21 PM

It was an honor to know George. I had the opportunity to fish several tournaments against him and always admired his passion for striper fishing at such an advanced age. From TSA tournaments across Texas and Arkansas to pulling his boat up to Cordell Hull Lake in Tennessee, I always thought...man I hope I can do that when I’m in my 70’s. The most impressive part was he usually did it by himself because his long time fishing buddies had already passed. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 11:40 PM

We were at Whitney one time and we had been fishing the dam side of the island all day. We were catching fish and had a couple of nice ones in the box. George rolls in about an hour before weigh in about 300 yards from us. I think he had one of his grandsons with him that day. They hooked up immediately. I don’t know who else they beat that day but they beat us.

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/16/18 11:54 PM

Mr Lucas did the service today. He shared a story about George that occurred at age 88. Last year.
GEORGE had agreed with his family not to go to the deer lease alone anymore. But he went anyway.
After shooting a deer GEORGE called his son in law and left a voicemail asking for help.
The son in law returned his call and told George he would have someone there ASAP !

George replied “I have the deer loaded up! I just need help signing the tag because my hands shake so bad! roflmao

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:03 AM

Sorry. I have a lot of George stories. His rig rattled into Little Mineral one afternoon and he circled it around the culdesac. He always parked right across the street from our cabin. He stopped before he backed it in, rolled his window down and said “Come’re and look at this. These Texas stripers are starting to bore me”. He pulled out his phone and showed pics from his last trip to Tennessee. All I could say was “Damn! I think your right”. Tennessee is on my bucket list because of George.

Posted By: jbobo

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:34 AM

Rip angel
Posted By: StriperShack

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:37 AM

Had the pleasure fishing againt and along side George for many years.
We affectionately called him old man George and heck that was even 15 years ago.
He was a true ambassador of striper fishing and beyond fanatical about chasing the linesiders no matter what state it was in.

Whether it was at lunch or just sitting @ outside I tried to learn as much as I could from him and he was always willing to share.

We would go up to AR in the spring and help catch brood fish for the hatcheries and fish tournaments.
With a not so stellar trip (by AR standards) and on the last day on his last dying shad he caught the below fish and I will never forget the exuberance he showed about it. He lived for it.

RIP

Posted By: Stripaholic

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:38 AM

Mr.G, Tennessee is a must. I went up there a couple years ago after being influenced by George. Really cool experience and my favorite trophy striper trip. We had 3 over 30lbs between Cordell Hull and the Cumberland river. Move it up on your bucket list.

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:49 AM

I shared this link with the family. I am sure they will appreciate all your comments!
Posted By: mwacosta

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 12:45 PM

Fished many a tournament with George. He always attended all of the clubs meetings back when I was an officer in the club. If there was a way for him to get to a tournament, he would make it happen. He had many stories to tell. He is in the big fishing/hunting heaven now.

RIP George!!
Posted By: CapnJoe

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/17/18 05:32 PM

When I was a noob to striper fishing, George was always more than happy to talk to me about techniques, lake patterns, catching bait, or anything else that would help me catch more fish. He was a cornerstone in the TSA, one of the finest members I got to know. I was always impressed by how well he handled that big rig on the lake or at the ramp. George was one of the people I admired and respected most in the TSA, and one who I've missed a lot since moving on to other things in life.

The news of George's passing saddens me, but I'm sure he is up there catching lots of 30 pounders and teaching others how to do the same.

RIP George Good.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/21/18 02:46 PM

That's a great story Randy. I like the way George Good lived. Forget that nursing home. Striper fishing and deer hunting beats bonanza reruns any day.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Rip George Good TSA cofounder - 04/21/18 03:33 PM

Never met George but really enjoy reading the testimonies . George had a great long life, thank God for gift and RIP to George.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum