Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Buchannan striper ?s

Posted By: Stump jumper

Lake Buchannan striper ?s - 04/04/18 06:46 PM

I have not been on Buchanan in many years. To tell you how long it has been the last time I went I had a Lowrance X15B on the boat. We did some good on sandies in the big cove north of Burnet county park. It was early spring when I went. I want to go in mid May or mid June and focus on stripers. So first ? is which month? I have never thrown a cast net on the lake but want to use live bait. I am thinking back of coves shallow in spawning area in May and maybe around the marinas in June. Also, does anyone use shiners on the lake and are they available locally? Next where to fish. Thinking mid lake maybe on the drop off south of the islands. That is where I found them before. I don't really want to launch at Burnet park since it is vey much exposed to the south wind so I will be looking for a launch site somewhere around mid lake. East side would be more convenient. If I get time I might run up the river. I hunt a ranch on the east side that has river front just south of Colorado Bend. Our hunting cabin use to overlook the river. That is until it burned down one January.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum