Texas Fishing Forum

First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy**

Posted By: Andrew Taylor

First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 04:12 PM

This is the time of the year most people have been waiting for including myself. The lake is full and the fish are HUNGRY cool
The main lake water temp is sitting around 60 degrees and is finally starting to get some of its clarity back, from all the rain we had last month. Now only if we could get rid of some of this hurricane force wind roflmao

The white's are abundant and literally as many as you want. I have been using 1/2 oz slabs, chrome or chartreuse in color, and finding them grouped up under working birds or on shallow points/humps 8'-16' FOW. It seems the later bite has been better, once the sun really gets up in the sky and warms up the surface temp. Two days last week I didn't have a fish in the box until around 9:30 and then within the next hour we would have a limit of whites.

The Hybrid and Striper are starting to show up mixed in with the sandies. I've found with most of mine you can catch them on larger live bait, or 5" shassy shad. We did put the first 10lb striper in the boat on Saturday morning and she bit on a 6" live bait. The hybrid have been hanging around the same areas as the whites on structure.

If you know Tawakoni you know were just getting started! There is a picture in the bunch down below with a lot of guys and fish. That is a group trip I helped Matt Cartwright on.

903-269-6587
www.laketawakoni.guide

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 04:17 PM

Nice catches! Are the whites in main lake areas? Just curious even though I don't fish Tawakoni
Posted By: TCK73

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 04:38 PM

Looking good Andrew, nice work thumb
Posted By: jbobo

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 05:41 PM

clap
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 05:56 PM

Great post and some solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: LetgoFishing

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/04/18 09:55 PM

Great job and great report
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/05/18 12:20 PM

Great pics Andrew.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/06/18 01:22 AM

That's insane amount of fish! Spring feeding frenzy is startN! A great time to go catch! Good seeing ya, Joe and Matt at the ramp Saturday. cheers

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/15/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RespectTheFish
Nice catches! Are the whites in main lake areas? Just curious even though I don't fish Tawakoni

man sorry for just now getting on here and seeing this, but yes sir, main lake water that comes up to structure. Last week we had a lot of activity in the 45' FOW and 30 minutes later the school had pushed up onto 14' humps.

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/15/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd
That's insane amount of fish! Spring feeding frenzy is startN! A great time to go catch! Good seeing ya, Joe and Matt at the ramp Saturday. cheers

Good seeing you as well thumb
Posted By: Czechster

Re: First of Spring Lake Tawakoni Report **Pic Heavy** - 04/16/18 12:06 PM

Thanks for the report Andrew
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum