Texas Fishing Forum

Denton creek any good?

Posted By: Jswanz58

Denton creek any good? - 03/12/18 01:56 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: Mickeyc4

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/12/18 03:15 AM

I hope to get out there late this week and I’ll report.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/12/18 01:33 PM

Fish are in there but are VERY and I mean VERY scattered. I had 15 whites (all keeper males) and 7 crappie last week but it took me from 9 am till 1 pm and a 3 mile walk to get those.
Posted By: 2-stroke

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/12/18 01:46 PM

Caught 22 keepers yesterday morning, including 2 or 3 very nice size crappie. The bite died off by afternoon.

it was a real soft bite, right on the bottom, very slow retrieve. chartreuse road runners did it for us but saw others doing just as well on white.

Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/13/18 02:01 PM

2-stroke, you mind sharing approximate location, just need to know if I should motor up as far as I can or can I find them below 377? PM if you don't want public smile
Posted By: 2-stroke

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/14/18 01:12 PM

sorry for the late reply.

I wouldn't mind sharing the exact location, but I didn't mark any waypoints. We just run up the creek until it gets too shallow, and float back down, stopping to fish any holes where we get bites, or running back upstream to re-float a good spot. Henrietta hole is always the big producer & usually has people fishing the bank there.

Otherwise, bends where there's a cut bank on one side and sand bar on the other are generally promising. You'll see quite a few spots like that. Faster moving current is better. Most of the fish are caught in mid-channel.

We didn't fish below the 377 bridge, but I bet there will be some there. I pretty much run full out up to 377 (it's not more than 30mph in my old boat), then back her down a bit from there. There's plenty of water though.

good luck
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/14/18 05:02 PM

thanks for the reply 2-stroke, I usually have a hard time even getting to 377 as I want to stop to fish every fishy spot!
Posted By: Mickeyc4

Re: Denton creek any good? - 03/15/18 09:15 PM

Finally I’ll get to go out tomorrow. Gonna put the bass buster in at TC and go up. Usually don’t even have to go as far as 377
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum