Texas Fishing Forum

How's Lake Granbury doing?

Posted By: Patrnflyr

How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/04/18 08:56 AM

Getting ready to hit the lake again after the holidays and vacation, etc. I fish for almost anything that bites. Heard the temps are in the low 60's and was wondering how's the bite?
Posted By: jbobo

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/04/18 05:56 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12651241/More_Granbury_Fish!__Have_Open#Post12651241

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/16/18 12:03 AM

Went out today for first time since November. Felt really good to get the boat out. I caught three largemouth on shad colored rattle traps and squarebills. Only issue I have is the TPWD’s fishing report. What a bunch of hooey. It says water temps 70-74 degrees. Let’s try 56-58! Where do they get this info from? Bass were a very slow, mild strike instead of their usual “bam”. Hopefully it’ll warm up with this weekend rains and warmer temps.

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/18/18 12:37 AM

Went out the last couple of days. No sign of white bass or stripers. I’m sure they’re way up the river. Caught a few bass ranging from 3/4 to 2lbs so we decided to get some crappie minnows and try to find the crappie. Went up to the North side and tried out the shore for some crappie. Managed to catch an 8.2 lb largemouth. Took special care of her and gently released her back. Second largest bass I’ve ever caught!
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/18/18 01:15 AM

Would love to see a picture of a Granbury hawg! Spent a lot of time on Granbury when I was much younger.

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/18/18 01:39 AM

If I only knew how. I’ve got a pic, followed the directions explicitly and it stills gives me an error

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/18/18 01:43 AM

My son caught a six pounder last fall. Didn’t realize they got this big here. Thought all the big names like Fork, Tawakoni, etc got all the glory. It scare me to death when I hooked it. Light action rod, 6 lb test spinning set up and a small brass light wire crappie hook. The quill type bobber just sort of submerged a couple of inches or so and stayed there. No movement in any direction. Figured the minnow just swam into a bush and tied itself up. Reeled in thinking I had a snag but then it started moving. It immediately came up near the surface and I figured it was one of the “lost stripers” that think they’re a bass and get lost in the trees. Still didn’t know what it was til we got it in the net. Only reason the hook didn’t bend open is that it went thru the lip and then back into the lip which kind of stabilized it. I’ve lost a couple of 5 pounders last fall but didn’t know they were around this big. I thought the golden algae plague swept thru the population a few years ago. Any ideas for posting would be helpful. I use an iPad. Even tried the screenshot idea but didn’t work
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/18/18 04:39 AM

Tough fishing at Granbury unless your Mike ACOSTA.
Check out his post on here. It’s good at Granbury!
Posted By: Czechster

Re: How's Lake Granbury doing? - 03/19/18 10:23 AM

Mike is the man if you want to catch fish. I enjoy being on my boat and spend allot of time looking for fish, but it pays off eventually.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum