Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine whites?????

Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 12:41 AM

Spent 4 hours hunting fish today. I know the water looked like chocolate milk but I searched shallow and deep. Not one fish. They beat me today. I'm lost.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 01:23 AM

Don’t feel alone. Same results on Hubbard today.

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 03:16 AM

I am glad to just get the boat floating. That felt pretty good since I haven't been out for a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 02:12 PM

Most whites will be going up the creek with the water up.You might try Silverlake inside the breakwater or the sand point at Sand Bass point. Sometimes around Meadowmere, it will pick up by the 3rd week of March when they start to return from the creek.

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 02:18 PM

I picked apart Meadomere yesterday from shallow to deep and tossed everything in my boat at them, slow and fast. I did mark a lot of fish but I could not luck into a bite.
I didn't venture far since there was a lot trash floating all over.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 02:23 PM

Water needs to settle

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 02:38 PM

Yes it is really muddy right now. The ramp at Meadomere was tough to use due to the high water and shallow drive. The new Ulterra Minn Kota paid off since I was by myself and had to back a long way into the water to get the boat to float. Didn't bring the rubber boots so I used the auto stow/deploy on the trolling motor. The greatest tool ever! Float/anchor/park/retrieve.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine whites????? - 02/26/18 02:45 PM

More rain coming tomorrow and Wednesday too. Then the have to draw it down. Probably going to be a while before the fishing and water stabilizes out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum