Texas Fishing Forum

Neches and kickapoo river off palestine

Posted By: jbaker33

Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/02/18 11:59 AM

Thinking about testing the waters out on the neches or kickapoo this weekend. Any reports or fish being found there?
Posted By: Eric

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/02/18 04:07 PM

some cars parked by Neches but no numbers yet. I plan on stopping in a week or 2 when coming back from Tyler.I will report then.

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/03/18 03:47 PM

We went yesterday afternoon. Definitely not in the rivers yet running.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/03/18 09:17 PM

Bank or boat?

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/08/18 01:23 AM

Boat. Was a little sketchy, hoping this week and next week of rain will be a great help
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/08/18 01:51 AM

Thanks, mid or end of next week could be the start. Hope the new rv park does not tie things up to much. Especially with steps on the back side for creek access.

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/09/18 01:15 AM

Water when we were out was still in the 50-52 temp. Most years its been best in the upper 50s and low 60s. Anyone else here been doing any fishing out there

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/16/18 11:51 AM

Lots of rain past few days and more to come, hoping it helps the fish in the rivers! Anyone been smoking them?
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/16/18 01:22 PM

I got bored and drove over a few times several weeks ago knowing I was too early for white bass. I caught a few LMBs. One day, about a month ago, there were a few guys catching either white bass or crappie . . . I was standing too far away to tell but they looked like white bass . . . just to the right of the kayak launch by about 20 or so yards.

My guess is these were males. They'll come up into rivers and creeks earlier, the females follow up when the water warms up more, what, 55 to 60 degrees is optimal.

My guess is white bass will be "late" this year with the repeated cold fronts holding temps down.

Brad

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/24/18 02:12 PM

We are headed out there tomorrow. Anyone having any luck

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/24/18 04:33 PM

The kickapoo on 773 north of Murchison is usually 7' wide. It is now 500" flooding all surrounding fields

Re: Neches and kickapoo river off palestine - 02/26/18 12:00 AM

Stopped in to look at the state of the Neches. about 25 cars and maybe 8 boat trailers. Water is everywhere. 1 guy was leaving with 8 .Guessing males by their size and shape. Water looked like chocolate milk. Saw 1 budding Dogwood on way home.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum