Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine

Posted By: ATM97

Palestine - 01/16/18 04:04 AM

After having one of my best days ever last weekend on Lake Palestine, I was ready to get back out there see if it was still fishing good despite the cold front that had just blown thru. Didn't take long on Saturday to realize alot had changed since the week before. Checked spot after spot and only marked a few fish scattered. Set up several drifts and only had three good hybrids to show in the first three hours. Got fed up and went to try a few crappie spots that always give up at least a few fish in the winter but after an hour of that and not a single thump decided to give the hybrids one more look. Finally found some fish under guls sitting on the water and finished with 25 nice hybrids for the day. Almost all caught 20-28' down in 30-40 fow on 4" gulp minnows. Best bite for me Saturday (just like it has been the last few weeks) was start with bait just below fish then slowly raise it past fish on graph then drop it back down even slower and they would nail it on the fall.

Thought I was done fishing for the weekend but after church let out Sunday I started getting texts of loaded graph shots and hybrids on the deck. They were still going strong when we got home and my buddy was nice enough to come pick me and my boys at the dock. The bite stayed steady rest of afternoon and the weather was outstanding. Most fish Sunday were caught 28-32' down in 35-40 fow and best bait by a wide margin was a little pink crappie jig held completely still. Finished the day with probably over 100 fish and most were hybrids. Got one bonus big crappie too. The boys got to wind up as many hybrids as they cared to and then were just happy helping release them. Have really been surprised at how deep the fish are holding this year on Palestine.

Posted By: jbobo

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 04:26 AM

thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 01:39 PM

Great pics of fish and the kids. Congrats.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 01:40 PM

Great report thumb
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 01:46 PM

Way to stick with them sir! thumb
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 01:49 PM

Great job DAD
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Palestine - 01/16/18 04:58 PM

Take a kid fishing and double YOUR fun!

Re: Palestine - 01/17/18 12:27 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: Curly Dawg

Re: Palestine - 01/17/18 03:15 AM

Good job, awesome pic's....your my hero.
Posted By: martyk8

Re: Palestine - 01/19/18 03:21 PM

What a great time!!!! Great photos. thumb

Re: Palestine - 01/20/18 02:46 AM

Thanks, Marty. Jeff you need to go ahead and get your lake house done so you can put in some time on the water.

Fished this afternoon and had another solid outing. Water temp down to 42 from 45-46 last week. Fish caught 30-38' down in 30-40 fow. Finished with 45-50 hybrids most in the 5-6# range with a few over 8. They wanted the bait on a slow fall today.

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Palestine - 01/20/18 04:30 AM

Amazing! bow_down
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Palestine - 01/20/18 06:14 AM

Beautiful !!!! Hard to beat cheers Great info and great smiles from the kiddos!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum