Texas Fishing Forum

Incoming cold front?

Posted By: Colin_J

Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 05:04 PM

Hey yall. Im headed to the dallas area this weekend to visit family and i was debating on towing my boat up there or not. My question is will this incoming cold front shutdown the bite or should it pickup with the colder weather this weekend? I was planning on deadsticking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 05:15 PM

If you are going to deadstick look at the wind not temps. Depends on your boat and experience. Fri -13, Sat - 12, Sun & Mon -6 mph. Temps mid 40’s. Should be able to find productive water on any lake.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Finaddict
If you are going to deadstick look at the wind not temps. Depends on your boat and experience. Fri -13, Sat - 12, Sun & Mon -6 mph. Temps mid 40’s. Should be able to find productive water on any lake.
hmmm
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 09:06 PM

My weather forecast for winds look nothing like yours .
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 09:10 PM

add the forecast winds and gusts and you may be closer to right, rarely as shown here
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: lenahorse
add the forecast winds and gusts and you may be closer to right, rarely as shown here

The weatherman have a poor batting average this year, roflmao

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/11/18 10:53 PM

Www.weather.com/weather/today/l/Trinidad+TX+USTX1374:1:US

Cedar Creek

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 02:43 AM

Sunshine and some clouds. High 44F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
WINDN 10 mph gusts to 29 mph
HUMIDITY40%
UV INDEX3 of 10
SUN7:26 am5:40 pm right off your site

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 02:44 AM

That was saturday
Posted By: bankwalker

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 03:59 AM

Earlier looked like Sun and Mon(off for MLK) were the days to go. Now not sure. frown
Posted By: Colin_J

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 05:37 AM

Alright ill keep checking the forecast. I ended up towing the boat anyways, so im gonna give it a go. Ill let yall know how i do

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
Sunshine and some clouds. High 44F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
WINDN 10 mph gusts to 29 mph
HUMIDITY40%
UV INDEX3 of 10
SUN7:26 am5:40 pm right off your site

I am done with posting. Always seems there is someone in a negative mood who wants to contradict whatever is posted. Why is this behavior so important to them?

Everyone verify what the forecast is for yourselves from the site I posted..

Ignore is a great option on this site. Done.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/12/18 01:36 PM

Finaddict, don’t let it get you. Have some coffee and a smoke. Even the tv weather experts usually vary in their reports daily. How many times have you gone fishing and discovered they missed it again? Pretty often for me. I don’t see how someone on the east coast can predict Texas weather but some folks here in Texas go by those kind of reports. I usually just get a close guesstimate what the weather will be and go for it or not.

And yes some days some folks just can’t help themselves. Depending on my mood at times I’ve learned (mostly) when to post and when to remain silent. I use to type and submit but now I read what I wrote a couple times before I hit that little button to send my thoughts to the world. I’ve deleted more than I’ve submitted. LOL
Posted By: ML56

Re: Incoming cold front? - 01/15/18 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: jbobo

And yes some days some folks just can’t help themselves. Depending on my mood at times I’ve learned (mostly) when to post and when to remain silent. I use to type and submit but now I read what I wrote a couple times before I hit that little button to send my thoughts to the world. I’ve deleted more than I’ve submitted. LOL

Yea buddy! I've always thought GOD gave us two eyes and two ears for a reason, and only one mouth, for a reason. Guess he just didn't see keyboards coming when he allowed us 10 fingers! I too have deleted many things that my 10 fingers needed to stay out of! Ha! Everybody play nice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum