Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing PK

Posted By: Monggo

Fishing PK - 01/06/18 12:03 PM

Headed to PK next week. Looking for advice on where to find the striper and what lures they are hitting now. I catch them in the spring downrigging and I know how to catch them at night. Wanted to fish during the day while I'm there. With out giving away any of the hot spots what general area would I need to fish and what techniques to use. Thanks for any information you guys can give.
Posted By: Kidstriper

Re: Fishing PK - 01/06/18 03:37 PM

Deadsticking is working well, fish have gone north, as well as up creeks. Still catching in Peanut as well.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Fishing PK - 01/07/18 04:34 AM

My biggest striper was caught near peanut
Posted By: ChaserWF

Re: Fishing PK - 01/07/18 01:37 PM

Cedar Creek area and north of Costello were good a few weeks ago. 35’ FOW seemed to be the magic #. Fish are suspended.

White, glow, or just about any color 5” super fluke with a 1 to 1.5oz head is what we normally fish this time of year
Posted By: gborg

Re: Fishing PK - 01/07/18 02:20 PM

Tons of mag sandies around costello on road beds and over the tops of trees in 40 fow.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Fishing PK - 01/07/18 04:17 PM

We only caught 2 sandbass but several stripers up to 15 lbs slow rolling glow sassy shad north of Costello. Deadstick worked some also.

Re: Fishing PK - 01/07/18 08:57 PM

Thanks for the info. Would like to get into the sand bass as well!!
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Fishing PK - 01/08/18 02:37 AM

Last Friday was on the slow side for me deadsticking. Finally found a few birds and threw sassys. Several schools of fish spread out from Caddo creek up to and beyond Costello island.

Re: Fishing PK - 01/08/18 06:50 PM

So is the fishing better on the east or west side of Costello? I mean the main river side or the back side.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Fishing PK - 01/08/18 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Monggo
So is the fishing better on the east or west side of Costello? I mean the main river side or the back side.

Both sides would be good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum