Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Sat

Posted By: FujiFish47

Texoma Sat - 01/04/18 01:13 AM

Thinking about hitting Texoma on Saturday haven't fish there in several years does anyone have any pointers for this time of year?
Posted By: formula462

Re: Texoma Sat - 01/04/18 02:46 AM

Find schools with graph/birds and try the deadstick with flukes or slooooow roll sassy shad. Chartreuse,pearl or white. Had some buds go out last Friday and didn't do very well.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Texoma Sat - 01/04/18 03:09 AM

Went out last Saturday, no birds, no bites, and lost 3 A-rigs for a total loss of over $50 bucks! Plus I lost a panel on my storage compartment and my trolling motor shorted out!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Texoma Sat - 01/04/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Brocephus
Went out last Saturday, no birds, no bites, and lost 3 A-rigs for a total loss of over $50 bucks! Plus I lost a panel on my storage compartment and my trolling motor shorted out!

At least it was really cold! bang
Posted By: falcotex

Re: Texoma Sat - 01/05/18 02:49 AM

Fished last Friday and did well, 30+ quality fish. The cold weather turned the dead stick bite on. Find the birds, graph the fish near them, use white or chartreuse flukes. Didn’t do well slowly rolling sassy although usually pretty deadly this time of year.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Texoma Sat - 01/05/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: falcotex
Fished last Friday and did well, 30+ quality fish. The cold weather turned the dead stick bite on. Find the birds, graph the fish near them, use white or chartreuse flukes. Didn’t do well slowly rolling sassy although usually pretty deadly this time of year.
I understand all of that. I am trying to figure a general area to start. I guess I will go with the same ole put in at Loe's or Mill Creek and head west towards 377. I figured by now the west side of 377 would be were it was at.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum