Texas Fishing Forum

Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/29/17 11:42 PM

With a recent thread asking about sonar interpretation help, I put together a short and to the point video showing several examples of small catfish and white bass presentation on sonar in Fall. It seems catfish, especially smaller catfish from what I can tell, hang out in similar areas as white bass and knowing the difference between smaller catfish and white bass may mean the difference in a good day on the water or disappointment. Hope this helps those that may not know the difference.

Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/30/17 02:17 AM

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together. Very helpful post.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/30/17 02:31 AM

Thanks! I plan putting one together soon over using Humminbird whiteline feature for finding fish on the bottom of the lake...something I didn't realize my Humminbird unit had until recently from talking on this forum!
Posted By: sae

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/30/17 03:01 AM

Thank you sir .For those of us born in the 1940 and1950 thisis helpful.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/30/17 12:50 PM

Catfish ,drum and large stripers hang below feeding sand bass , as the feeding frenzy leaves large numbers of shad dying and falling to the bottom. Low hanging fruit, easy meals for the fish below. Don't believe the theory, drag a slab on the bottom under feeding sandies. You just might ketch a big blue, heavy drum or a double digit striper !!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum