Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing

Posted By: Joe Todd

Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/14/17 07:43 PM

If anyone is interested in nighttime striper fishing on Possum Kingdom please send me a PM. In the next few weeks through February the striper fishing is tremendous at night.
Thanks
Joe Todd
Under The Stars Guide Serv.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/15/17 01:38 PM

Plz post phone # ,Thx.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/15/17 04:44 PM

My bad!!
My number is 940-631-2036
superfishjoe1@aol.com
Posted By: reel believer

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/16/17 04:01 AM

what method do you use at night?

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/16/17 04:20 AM

All we use is artificials. No live bait. Casting to specific targets. I don't like chasing stripers during the day. They are much easier to find and catch under the stars!
Posted By: Dieago

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/18/17 02:47 AM

I agree this past summer Ifound stripers hanging out nightly and I caught them for hours and never moved the boat more than 50'

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/26/17 05:24 PM

Took a client out last night and the fishing is still a little slow. Water temp's. need to drop down into the 50's and everything will pick up. Fish are plentiful but after you catch one or two they scatter. Nothing over 6-8 pound's at the moment. It just needs to get colder.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/27/17 12:57 PM

Glad u found some, daytime fishing is dismal at best.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/27/17 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: gborg
Glad u found some, daytime fishing is dismal at best.

It has been tough.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/28/17 02:42 PM

Less traffic at night. I did see 2 other boats Sat. night but once it gets cold then there will be only one boat on the water grin
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/28/17 03:44 PM

I'll second that Gborg. I caught 40 nice 5-7 inch threadfins and fished all day yesterday with those shad. I was on top of what I was sure was stripers and caught nothing. PK fishing is too slow for me until late February or March. I'm sure the guides can still get them, but they are out of range for me.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 11/28/17 06:00 PM

Put on some warm clothes and get out under the star's!!!

Under The Star's Guide Service
940-631-2036

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/12/17 09:00 PM

I still have a few evenings open through New Year's. The last couple of cold snaps have really helped. Anyone interested in dressing warm and catching a ton of striper's can call me or send a PM.

Under The Star's Guide Service
Joe Todd
940-631-2036
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 04:26 AM

Joe,

Not at all trying to tell you how to run your business, but would help you a lot by throwing some pics up of recent catches.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 01:50 PM

"Pictures are worth a thousand words "!!

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 01:52 PM

Picture of your boat and potential wind resistant parts on boat , for the faint at heart.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 02:51 PM

I still have not figured how to send pictures on here. I have tons of pictures but I email or text.
This type of fishing is not for the faint of heart. You have to be able to withstand the elements for a few hours and you must be able to cast. I have a decent client list but would love to pick up a few more.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe Todd
I still have not figured how to send pictures on here. I have tons of pictures but I email or text.
This type of fishing is not for the faint of heart. You have to be able to withstand the elements for a few hours and you must be able to cast. I have a decent client list but would love to pick up a few more.

thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 04:11 PM

this is probably the long way but works for me...
I send the pictures from my phone to my e-mail
open the e-mail on my computer and save the pictures to my desktop.
use the "upload image into post" icon and post them to my topic page..
jim
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 05:44 PM

You can go to tinypic.com and upload your pics there and then just copy the URL and paste it here in a post.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 06:36 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm glad I can fish better than I can operate a computer. It wouldn't be much of a guide service!!
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 07:20 PM

Lol no prob bud. Are they kicking on in the evening or are they firing up at night?

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/13/17 11:35 PM

Night time!!!
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/14/17 04:20 AM

Joe I to enjoy fishing the dock lights. I do it for enjoyment. The night fishing is great on PK.
I don’t take customers out night fishing much because of the reasons you stated. It’s dark, cold and not for the faint of heart.
Why don’t you just start catching them during the day like the rest of us? grin

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/14/17 06:53 AM

I would rather catch them at night. Just my preference. I don't have to chase them. I know where they will be for the next couple of months. The biggest thing is there is no competition on the water when it gets cold and I love that!!

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/14/17 05:30 PM

Randy: I hear you on that. I fish the lights all summer and into the early fall, but not too many winter nights I'd like to be on the lake. As good as the bite is on the lights I bet it's a tough job for a guide. Bad enough to manage the boat, bait hooks, untangle bird nests and all that super fun stuff you guides do in the day, but at night that would be a real challenge.

When the lake was super clear back in early June you could see the deep lights in 30 feet on Gaines Bend with Big stripers stacked all around them.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/15/17 04:59 PM

I hope you have good Guide/Outfitters Insurance.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/15/17 05:56 PM

Yes I have insurance. I have been doing this since the mid 90's.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/15/17 08:17 PM

^ Cool

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 02:08 AM

I hope this works. One of many.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 02:12 AM

Hey I am going to get good at this.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 02:19 AM

Another picture.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 02:30 AM

My last trip.

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 03:24 AM

Wow those pics are worth thousands of words, Joe. Glad you figured the post pic out smile

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/25/17 03:25 PM

Yes sir , now ur talking, with some PK fatties. Good looking healthy fish, Todd !!

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/26/17 03:54 PM

Fat Puppies!

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/26/17 04:08 PM

Just like me: feisty and fat. grin
Posted By: jackwagon

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/26/17 07:42 PM

Nice job. Way to brave the dark. hooked

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/27/17 05:12 PM

Nice fish Joe.

That big bass illustrates why Crappie don't loiter in those green lights like the perch and stay around the edges. Anything illuminated in those lights is not living long.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/27/17 09:32 PM

I had a trip last night with a couple of guys out of Nebraska. We caught fish but it wasn't great. The wind blowing out of the north about 20 sure didn't help. The fish were finicky. You could see them but they would not eat. A Striper not eating??? CRAZY
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/29/17 04:55 AM

Joe is totally legit. Last winter, my fishing buddy sent him a PM asking about techniques for catching those PK stripers. He invited us to fish with him (not a paid guide trip) so he could show us how to catch em. Imagine that, a fisherman really taking the extra effort to help out others. Contrast that to the typical selfish bastard fisherman (you know who you are). LOL

Pic from last Feb on Joe's boat

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/29/17 05:18 PM

I appreciate the kind words D. It was a good trip that night. Have you guys been out any this year?
Posted By: Monggo

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/29/17 09:41 PM

How long do your night trips last? Love fishing for striper but I do let them go more times than not. Interested in night fishing for them at PK.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/30/17 01:16 AM

I enjoyed our conversation Monggo. Typically the trips will last at least 4 hours. Some trips are longer and depending on the weather, some can be shorter. I don't always put the knife to our evening catch. If the clients want them then they will get cleaned. You will have a blast when you come down next week.

Re: Possum Kingdom Striper Fishing - 12/30/17 11:45 PM

Anybody that wants to go out in the next couple of evenings just let me know. I am available!!!
loco loco loco
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum