Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Time of Year Question

Posted By: bankwalker

Texoma Time of Year Question - 11/07/17 03:34 AM

A friend has some relatives that are planning to come fish Texoma for the first time and they were targeting March 2018. My friend asked me if I would recommend them to come in early March or late March.

My first response was March is one of my least favorite months to fish Texoma. Very unpredictable weather and seems like the wind is always blowing hard from some direction. I have it in my mind that this would be a transitional time on the lake as things were moving from a winter pattern(my favorite) to a spring pattern.

Then I thought that I am certainly not the expert on Texoma or any other lake for that matter so I was going to seek out some TFF wisdom. Am I totally off base with my thinking on March? If so it's okay, but I figured since the question came up I would check it out with the gurus.

Thanks.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Texoma Time of Year Question - 11/07/17 12:14 PM

To predict that far in advance on any lake is a [censored] shoot.
Johnny
Posted By: bankwalker

Re: Texoma Time of Year Question - 11/07/17 07:00 PM

No doubt. I was just basing my opinion on what I remember and know about March weather in North Texas.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Texoma Time of Year Question - 11/07/17 08:01 PM

I enjoy March but it's structure fishing with jigs. That's what we would be doing if you're fishing with me :-)
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: Texoma Time of Year Question - 11/12/17 05:24 PM

March is a fun time to fish but fish are scattered and you usually have to work for them. I fish structure like Chris but we troll. I guess Chris gets all the people that can cast cause they never show up in my boat thats for sure. Seems like our customers get less skilled every year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum