Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard

Posted By: BlueTuna

Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 02:32 PM

I told grandson Jake and his girlfriend Lynzi I was going fishing on the Beaver Moon and they volunteered to come along. We caught 5 dinky sandies and a few yellow bass out in 18 fow on little Hummdingers about 9:30. We had come across a Blue Heron earlier, he had the shoreline all to himself and there was a lot of baitfish up shallow. So we decided to move in to shallow water hoping to improve on the size of fish. We tied on buzz baits and hit the rocks looking for Hybrids coming up in the shallows to feed. I put my rod down so I could work us up close to the rocks, the moon wasn’t much help behind the clouds. Jake missed a couple and then caught the larger hybrid and then a smaller one 20 yards down the shoreline. We fished out the shoreline and by 10:30 the bed was calling my name. We didn’t catch a lot of fish, but the Hybrids were a nice way to end the night. They were caught in 3 fow on buzz baits. No boats out on the water except for 2 tied up under the bridge. Neither Jake or Lynzi had ever fished out on a boat at night. So catching the hybrids while on the water at dark thirty was a memory maker for them both. Great night to be on Hubbard.

Posted By: Tc24

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 02:59 PM

Nice fish & best of all, fun memories made. I've been wanting to go night fishing at Hubbard for awhile now myself, so might have to do that sometime this month.. smile
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 03:53 PM

Awesome thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 04:28 PM

It looked like an awesome night to be out there Terry!!
Posted By: The_ProFISHional

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 05:05 PM

Nice! dance2
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/05/17 05:37 PM

Cool thx for sharing with us
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/07/17 04:41 AM

Jake was jumping up and down and whooping. I marked it, a memory maker!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/07/17 11:59 PM

Nice fish. Good times. thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Fishing on a Beaver Moon Lake Ray Hubbard - 11/08/17 01:56 PM

Awesome post, Terry cheers
Good luck down the coast this weekend buddy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum