Texas Fishing Forum

White bass fishing tougher now at Cedar Creek Lake

Posted By: Dennis Christian

White bass fishing tougher now at Cedar Creek Lake - 11/05/17 02:29 PM

The last few times I have been out, I have had to downsize to a #2 Mepps to catch fish. Normally this time of year the shad are bigger and #4 works well. There seems to have been one or two more shad spawns on the lake this year. When the tiny shad are around, it's easy pickens for the fish. They don't have to chase the larger, faster shad. This is what I normally see in August and September, but here it is November and the lake is still full of the small shad. Even with the #2 it takes a lot of finesse to trigger a bite - just the right speed, at just the right angle into a good sized school of fish.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: White bass fishing tougher now at Cedar Creek Lake - 11/05/17 04:31 PM

All of the front that are coming they will change the bite. Once Thanksgiving gets here the weather will get into a routine pattern and then the Fishing pattern will settle down. I am ready for dead sticking. Putting my boat in the shop next weekend for its annual check up getting ready for the winter bite to start.

Re: White bass fishing tougher now at Cedar Creek Lake - 11/07/17 07:12 PM

Went out yesterday and caught 40 fish - all on #4 Mepps. Guess there are some schools following larger shad. Dennis

Re: White bass fishing tougher now at Cedar Creek Lake - 11/08/17 03:22 PM

Out again yesterday from 2 to 5PM. Went north and checked Iron Wall Hump and Spillway Hump and didn't find much. Went to Enchanted Isle Ridge and found them on the SW drop-off on the slope from 21 to 25 fow. They looked like little bumps spread out on the bottom. Sat there til I had a 25 fish limit of whites, then went over to Game Warden Hump and found some more. These were very large - 14 to 16 inches. Caught 10 of these and headed home. Caught all on #4 Mepps. Fish took the #4 readily as it came off the bottom - not much finesse needed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum