Texas Fishing Forum

First Arctic Front on the way!

Posted By: Laker One

First Arctic Front on the way! - 10/23/17 02:04 PM

Weather forecast is saying an ARCTIC front will arrive here Saturday! High temperatures in the sixties with lows in the thirties. Will the fall sunfish patterns end ?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First Arctic Front on the way! - 10/23/17 02:44 PM

Basic fronts will get the fish active. Sunfish will feed more during the fall as a rule. They need calories to survive and they are trying to eat all they can while bugs and minnows are still easy to get and before the winter sets in. The afternoon bite is better than the morning bite after several light fronts have passed. Once this arctic front passes sunnies will start to move to deeper water and will usually stay close to deeper water next to brush piles and ledges. Shallow water fish will be harder to find. hide2 As for the Rios they to will become harder to find after an arctic front blows through. peep Sunfish will stay active during the warmer times of the day and the big ones are usually easier to catch. Once winter sets in the bite slows down. You can still catch them in deeper water holding by brush piles. hooked Slow retrieves with plenty of patients is the winter game plan! thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: First Arctic Front on the way! - 10/23/17 08:15 PM

I'm fishing every chance I get right now.

Will turn my focus to green and silver colored Bass in a week or 2. I love Sunfish but am looking forward to hearing my drag sing.
Posted By: Flags

Re: First Arctic Front on the way! - 10/24/17 12:51 PM

I grew up in CO. I guess my definition of "arctic front" is different than most of you. At 30 degrees I still haven't busted out a jacket. I just grab a flannel shirt.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: First Arctic Front on the way! - 10/24/17 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Flags
I grew up in CO. I guess my definition of "arctic front" is different than most of you. At 30 degrees I still haven't busted out a jacket. I just grab a flannel shirt.

That's why I live in Texas! Those COLD Colorado days are not for me! thumb

Side Note. Like Fitz stated. Crappie and LMB are the ticket! I may add White Bass also during the late winter!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum