Texas Fishing Forum

Blanco

Posted By: Dfitz

Blanco - 10/04/17 08:46 PM

I finally got to check out the Blanco. Been wanting to fish it after reading about it and had a free afternoon to do just that. This is another case learning the water but I tricked a few fish. I also took a walk in a couple smaller creeks, I love stalking fish in clear water ninja

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Blanco - 10/04/17 08:57 PM

What? No crappie?

Looks like you caught every fish variety there was.

Bet it was fun.

Re: Blanco - 10/04/17 09:00 PM

Haha. None on this adventure

I had a Carp that looked like a submarine come check out my boat. That would have been fun.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Blanco - 10/05/17 12:48 PM

If you would have invited me we could have covered twice the water and learned much quicker grin There are a lot of record green sunfish caught in the Blanco. That is what really intrigues me about that river. I've only fished it twice and didn't find those trophy greenies either time. One day......

Enjoyed the post thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Blanco - 10/05/17 02:02 PM

Nice report Andrew. I have fished that river a lot and for the most part have gotten pretty good results.(J-Moe) Jamie: The little Blanco River also has some very BIG Greens. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Blanco - 10/05/17 02:15 PM

I have never fished that river but have driven over it hundreds of times over the years. I have seen plenty of good reports posted here on the Blanco including this one. Good job Fitz.

Re: Blanco - 10/05/17 02:26 PM

I did not catch a single Green there. It was a lot of Rios and Redbreast, a few BG's, LMB and Guad. This was in the State Park. I fished the main deep section under 281 and then portaged my boat to below the dam to the next section which was a bit shallower. Are you guys talking about this stretch of river?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Blanco - 10/05/17 09:41 PM

Love that river. Nice post Andrew and fish. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum