Texas Fishing Forum

A Saturday with J-Moe !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/01/17 09:21 PM

Fished Saturday with J-Moe. We started at a local south central creek and finished at a community lake. We fished from daylight till 2pm. The creek bite was good and lake bite was very slow. I was using my ultralight spinning gear with worms and Jamie was using his trusty fly rods. The creek water was clear with a good flow from recent rains. We caught plenty of nice Longear,small Bluegill,and small bass. We also caught some nice Redbreast,Rios,and a couple of Hybrids all in the half pound range. Creek fish were caught in shallow water 2 to 4 feet deep holding by brush piles close to the opposite banks. Bottom and fly techniques were used. We took a late breakfast break at the Acapulco Mexican Restaurant located in Universal City. Food is FANTASTIC! We finished the day at a community lake where the bite was slow. Caught a few small Bluegill. Jamie did some exploring on the lake with his kayak. Fishing on a Saturday with a good friend. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: J-Moe

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/01/17 10:00 PM

Thanks Chuck, I had a great time, as always. I appreciate you inviting, putting me on the fish, and buying me lunch, as usual. A guide who doesn't charge anything, gives away all his secrets, provides instruction and guidance and then buys lunch. Now, it don't get any better than that my friend.

It's not prime time fall fishing yet. The big redear and greenies never showed and I caught about 25 times more big redbreast last fall in that creek. I'll be back that way soon my friend. It was still lots of fun catching small longear, bluegill and bass. And the few Rios and Redbreast we caught were quality fish.

That was pretty funny how hard those longear fought. The way they doubled over my fly rod you thought I was fighting some trophies on a couple occasions grin

Thanks Again thumb

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/01/17 10:14 PM

Many more times for sure Jamie! cheers Fish have been very active all year. Fall patterns will be setting in after a couple of strong cold fronts blow through. breakdance The BIG ONES will really start playing. hooked

Side Note: Who knows maybe the BIG ONES were active on the rivers? hmmm Always enjoy the hunt! thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/02/17 05:32 AM

Sounds like a great time guys. The next month will be a lot of fun balloons

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/02/17 03:54 PM

Thanks Andrew for the reply. cheers If we can get J-Moe in on this upcoming trip in Mid October the kayak flotilla of the USS Fitz and the USS J-Moe should be on mean catching machine. hooked Can't wait! thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/04/17 10:21 PM

Nice post and pics Banker!

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/09/17 11:17 AM

Thanks Yesenia for the reply. Fishing with friends! "It just don't get any better"! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/12/17 01:38 PM

As always Chuck great post. Looks like you and J-Moe had a good day. Are you catching those Rios next to brush piles?

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/21/17 05:15 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. Yes Sir catching a lot of Rios by brush piles. During this time of the year Rios are in schools active in open shallow water looking for food. They are also hanging by weed beds. thumb

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/23/17 01:59 PM

Thanks Chuck. Looks like the first ARCTIC front will arrive late Friday or early Saturday. Two more lighter fronts coming in ahead to the Arctic Tuesday and Thursday. Looks like the Rio bite will be coming to an end. hmmm
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/23/17 10:36 PM

Great Pics guys, wish I had time to get up there!!! Work is slowing down finally so maybe I can catch a few before winter arrives!!!

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 10/31/17 09:54 AM

Thanks Alan for the reply. cheers Curtis: The Rio bite is still good. Been picking up some nice ones. They are holding close to the shore and have moved into a little deeper water. hmmm Alan: The fishing has been GREAT! Give me a call when you are ready. hooked

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/04/17 02:01 PM

Thanks Chuck. I have been catching my biggest Rios these past couple of weeks. Did really good this week. Seem the Rios are moving in schools searching for food before winter. Getting them in deeper water 7 to 10 feet.

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/09/17 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Thanks Chuck. I have been catching my biggest Rios these past couple of weeks. Did really good this week. Seem the Rios are moving in schools searching for food before winter. Getting them in deeper water 7 to 10 feet.

This latest cold front is going to make them HARDER to find! hide2
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/11/17 08:24 PM

Nice fishing guys! What has been your best area to fish this year?

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/13/17 10:56 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers Best area for me this year was the Nueces Canyon followed by the Guadalupe River! thumb
Posted By: dhogdog

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/15/17 04:02 AM

Beautiful looking creek and nice catch. Way to go!

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/19/17 10:58 AM

Thanks dhogdog for the reply. cheers I think you have fished that creek a few times! thumb Always great seeing your post. rockon
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/22/17 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers Best area for me this year was the Nueces Canyon followed by the Guadalupe River! thumb

I should have known!

Re: A Saturday with J-Moe ! - 11/30/17 01:08 PM

Both are SUPER GREAT water bodies. rockon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum