Texas Fishing Forum

Fork

Posted By: Dfitz

Fork - 09/30/17 03:36 AM

Decided it was time to fish Fork for Sunfish. It was a great day, a little wind, some clouds, mid 70's. I have never targeted Sunfish at Fork before, but have caught a few when Bass fishing. I fished in Mustang area and overall the fishing was great. Most of the fish were 6-8" and the biggest was 9", caught them in 4-8fow. Lots of BG's probably 75-80 it was on fire, a couple dozen Redear, 2 Longear, 1 Crappie and a few small Bass. Saw some schooling Bass at the end of the day, but they didn't stay on top long enough for me to switch rods. I'll be doing this again. Few pics.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fork - 09/30/17 04:05 AM

Awesome post and some nice fish. Good job Andrew! cheers Fork is on my bucket list. Hope to fish that lake this upcoming year. thumb

Side Note: J-Moe (Jamie) is heading down in the morning. Going to fish some local spots. Trip to the Canyon is looking better for this upcoming week! Call you tomorrow. thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fork - 09/30/17 04:18 AM

Excellent post with great pics ! Wish Fork was closer to me. Maybe someday.

That 3rd fish down is a real looker !
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fork - 09/30/17 11:41 AM

Great report and nice fish Andrew. Fork is also on my bucket list. woot
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fork - 10/01/17 12:14 AM

Man, that looks fun. Great catch thumb

What did you catch them on?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fork - 10/02/17 02:32 PM

Nice fish Fitz. I have seen many a good reports from Fork posted on the TFF mainly in the Bass section. That would be on lake I would like to fish sometime in the near future.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fork - 10/04/17 01:36 PM

Thanks y'all thumb Try going during a weekday and check tournament schedules when you guys make the trip to Fork.

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Nice fish Fitz. I have seen many a good reports from Fork posted on the TFF mainly in the Bass section. That would be on lake I would like to fish sometime in the near future.

I have always Bass fished at Fork but wanted to see if I could figure out the Sunfish. I caught fish, but think it would take a few more trips to get dialed in. It's hard to not think about Largemouth there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum