Texas Fishing Forum

More Drifting or Bluegill

Posted By: WillieRip

More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/29/17 03:11 PM

I like drifting and trolling for bluegill. Here's how I do it:

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/29/17 03:21 PM

Cool video Willie and as always thanks for sharing. cheers Love that sound of that Champion motor. thumb

Side Note: First time I have ever seen you with a rod in your hands. I have always seen you with the hand lines. Again enjoyed your video and nice variety of fish. thumb

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/29/17 06:34 PM

Thanks, banker. I want to build a new boat, something in the 16 foot range wit ha 389cc 13 hp Champion motor.

The fly rod is the only rod I'll touch really. See, I don't cast at all, maybe a simple roll cast to get a little line out if I'm having trouble doling out line.

A good catfish fly rod in the 11 wt to 14 wt range would suffice. That would make for good fighting power, good lifting power. It'll stop the fish from running into brush and trees. Of course it would be all lead core line and such. I'd say 40 lbs mono backing > 36 lbs lead core line > 30 lbs Sunset Amnesia for shock leader and tippet.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/29/17 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieRip
Thanks, banker. I want to build a new boat, something in the 16 foot range wit ha 389cc 13 hp Champion motor.

The fly rod is the only rod I'll touch really. See, I don't cast at all, maybe a simple roll cast to get a little line out if I'm having trouble doling out line.

A good catfish fly rod in the 11 wt to 14 wt range would suffice. That would make for good fighting power, good lifting power. It'll stop the fish from running into brush and trees. Of course it would be all lead core line and such. I'd say 40 lbs mono backing > 36 lbs lead core line > 30 lbs Sunset Amnesia for shock leader and tippet.

thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/30/17 12:57 AM

Cool video !

We call just legal channels like that "skinners" --

Skin'em, roll'em in cornmeal, fry'em whole, and eat'em like corn on the cob !

Nothing better ! YUM !
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/30/17 03:56 AM

Keep on makin' those videos!

What other sunfish do you catch besides Bluegill?

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/30/17 07:54 AM

Fitz, I catch greenies of the rocks quite often. I catch sunnies as well if I'm fishing close to the bank near weeds.

doc, yeah, sometimes I catch more channel than bluegill.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 09/30/17 11:40 AM

As always super video. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: More Drifting or Bluegill - 10/03/17 01:44 PM

As always. Cool video.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum