Texas Fishing Forum

Saturday fishing the cibolo

Posted By: jeffnsa

Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/25/17 01:18 PM

I went to the creek on Saturday afternoon for the first time this year but not to my own property. I found a bridge crossing close to my house (20 minutes) that I wanted to check out so I loaded the wife and kids to finally check it out. We fished one side of the bridge to not avail so we went to the other and on the first cast my bobber hit the water and never came back up. The drag started screaming and I thought it was a 2-3lb bass but it was a giant bull rio. It was between 10-12 inches long and from top to bottom I couldn't get my hand to grasp it and it was fat. I removed the hook and went to take a picture of it when it flopped out of my hands and back into the water. More rios were caught and a few long ears using floats and worms but the water in most spots was only 1-2 foot deep with small pockets not much deeper where the fish were hiding. Not the most fish I had ever caught but is was a great outing.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/25/17 03:04 PM

Nice post. Would have loved to have seen that Rio!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/25/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Nice post. Would have loved to have seen that Rio!

Plus #1.

Side Note: I fished your property twice during the spring. Did well both times. Property looked good. Have not fished it since. thumb

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/25/17 05:11 PM

I need to go shred my property this year and check out the creek while I'm at it. Thanks for the replies gitter and chuck. The picture was snapped just as the fish left the field of view so all you see is me looking down in disbelief.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/25/17 09:48 PM

That happens to me so much I've learned to move up on the bank. Those darn Rios are the worst about jumping out of your hand. Great catch anyway. That is definitely one of my favorite creeks.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/26/17 12:04 AM

Sounds like a fun time

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/26/17 01:44 PM

I'm hoping to try another crossing nearby that I saw about two years ago that the water was much deeper and I could see small bass swimming and bluegill everywhere.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/28/17 11:20 AM

Great report! Love fishing the Cibolo. woot
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/28/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffnsa
I'm hoping to try another crossing nearby that I saw about two years ago that the water was much deeper and I could see small bass swimming and bluegill everywhere.

I'm in. What time we meeting? grin
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Saturday fishing the cibolo - 09/28/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffnsa

Let us know how you do! Hopefully you will catch another huge Rio.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum