Texas Fishing Forum

Simple

Posted By: Dfitz

Simple - 09/22/17 03:17 AM

Spent the afternoon catching fish fit for a magazine. These fish had moxie. All thick, healthy, colorful and an attitude to go along with. Fishwfly gave me a few tips on the area, thanks buddy thumb Longears, Redspots, Redbreast, BG's, Spots and LMB were all tricked. I was catching fish non stop, when one was hooked other fish were trying to steal the fly out their mouth. Simple pleasures give me bliss.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Simple - 09/22/17 03:31 AM

coolphotos Solid post and some super fish! No better way of spending time! Good job Andrew! thumb

Side Note: It seems that all year long fish have been pretty active. It's going to be one GREAT FALL bite for sure! rockon
Posted By: jagg

Re: Simple - 09/22/17 06:56 AM

Rainbow warriors and EasTex Spots?!? Can’t beat it!!! Thanks for the post, Fritz!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Simple - 09/22/17 11:09 AM

Nice post and fish! Good job. woot

Side Note: What type of Kayak do you have Andrew?
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Simple - 09/22/17 02:55 PM

Great stuff Andrew. Sounds like the fall fishing pattern is beginning. Just think how good that spot will be in a month. Better hide your flies, they may just jump into the kayak with you grin

That is an awesome little spotted bass in the last picture. Did you weigh it?

Too bad those longear don't grow like some of the other sunfish species. They can be really aggressive at times.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Simple - 09/22/17 04:28 PM

Great post and pics Fitz! Looks like a great time!

Re: Simple - 09/25/17 06:04 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. "Stop staring, take a picture it will last longer" is the best way to sum up these good looking fish. The colors on them are great.

Curtis- I'm in a Hobie PA12. Hands free fishing!

Jamie- It would be insane if Longear got over 12"- the water wouldn't be safe to swim in. The Spot wasn't weighed but guess it was 2-2.25b. I have caught several around that size, but none much bigger.

Re: Simple - 09/25/17 07:18 PM

Thanks Andrew. How do you like your Hobie?

Re: Simple - 09/25/17 09:39 PM

It's one of the best purchases I have ever made.
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: Simple - 09/26/17 02:16 PM

Great pictures.
Posted By: KQT

Re: Simple - 09/27/17 01:23 AM

What kind of sunfish is the second pic?

Re: Simple - 09/27/17 02:43 AM

Redspotted Sunfish

I catch more them than Warmouth breakdance
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Simple - 09/27/17 03:14 AM

Love the post. Those are some great fish.

Re: Simple - 09/27/17 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®
It's one of the best purchases I have ever made.

I have a Pelican Catch 120. It fits my needs well and it's easy to fish from. If only I can talk Chuck BAF in buying one! juggle

Re: Simple - 09/27/17 06:32 PM

Jeff, you just never know whats going to bite there, love those places with lots of variety.

Curtis- Pelicans are nice boats thumb. I'm headed down in a few days, maybe Chuck will take mine for a test drive thumb And lemme know if you can fish next week.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Simple - 09/28/17 10:17 AM

Jeff, you just never know whats going to bite there, love those places with lots of variety.

Curtis- Pelicans are nice boats thumb. I'm headed down in a few days, maybe Chuck will take mine for a test drive thumb And lemme know if you can fish next week.

Give me a nice quite BANK anytime! thumb

Re: Simple - 09/28/17 11:28 AM

Thanks for the invite. I work full time in the I.T. field. I have already taken my two weeks off, that I get a year for vacation. Spent one week this past spring fishing and kayaking the Nueces Canyon. Had a blast and caught plenty of nice fish. I plan on taking some time off next year to kayak the canyon again. Also trying to put together a Devils River trip. Will let you know if plans on the Nueces Canyon trip are completed. You can join myself and a couple of my friends who also love kayak fishing. Looking at next spring if work allows it. coolio

Re: Simple - 09/28/17 11:53 AM

I've been wanting to do the Devils for a long time.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Simple - 09/28/17 05:40 PM

Nice post. Keeping it simple is the best kind of fishing. Love the Longear.

Re: Simple - 10/20/17 05:25 PM

Thanks Gitter! It's crunch time for Sunfish. They will soon disappear until next Spring. I'm planning my last few Sunfish trips for the year as we speak. it's hard to decide which river to go to.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum