Texas Fishing Forum

Good Times

Posted By: Dfitz

Good Times - 08/07/17 10:24 PM

Did some driving the last couple days. Dropped off my dog for training and spent time with Cousin Mike and his family. I fished Lake Belton, San Gabriel River, Onion and Llano over three days. Some were solo fishing, others Cousin Mike fished. The fish were biting good, some were caught in the kayak and others wading. I caught LMB, Spotted Bass, Guads, Longear, Redbreast, Redear, BG's, Greens, Rios and a few hybrid sunfish. I don't count the number of fish landed but there were spots that every cast. Cousin Mike counted that in one hole I caught 18 Redbreast in 10 minutes. Warmouth still are on a diet when I fish. mad
I ate at Coopers for the first time, thats the best bbq I've ever had. We got a whole Sirloin steak, 1lb brisket, Beef and Pork Ribs, Potato Salad, Beans. It was an excellent day.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Good Times - 08/07/17 10:49 PM

Nice post Andrew! cheers That's my style of fishing! coolio Several nice water bodies,fishing with family,and oh yea! hmmm Eating at Coopers! food Brother it just don't get any better! thumb
Posted By: boocat

Re: Good Times - 08/07/17 11:11 PM

looks good, bet that Llano is running now!!
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Good Times - 08/07/17 11:21 PM

Great post and pics, Fitz! How was the San Gabriel? It's only about 70 miles north of me but I haven't fished it yet.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Good Times - 08/08/17 01:20 AM

Wtg awesome variety of fish!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Good Times - 08/08/17 02:52 AM

Sounds like a great vacation. Beautiful fish and lots of them during the heat of the summer, well done thumb
Posted By: Fishmeister54

Re: Good Times - 08/08/17 03:18 AM

Fitz, since you were at Lake Belton you should have given me a shout and I would have taken you to Stillhouse Lake and put you on some big bluegill. Great pics and nice variety of fish. I think I have seen that place in your 1st picture with the water running over the dam. If you don't mind sharing where is that?
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Good Times - 08/08/17 09:42 AM

great pics!!
Posted By: jagg

Re: Good Times - 08/09/17 08:11 AM

That's The Dream! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Good Times - 08/09/17 01:47 PM

Nice post! woot

Side Note: I have been at the Coopers in Junction and New Braunfels. It's pretty good! food

Re: Good Times - 08/09/17 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Chuck- I really enjoy that type of fishing as well. It's fun being mobile and finding fresh water with easy fish. I also enjoy walking creeks.
Jagg- it did feel "dream like" lol

Originally Posted By: 1960texan
Great post and pics, Fitz! How was the San Gabriel? It's only about 70 miles north of me but I haven't fished it yet.

PM sent
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Good Times - 08/09/17 06:17 PM

Beautiful pictures! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Good Times - 08/10/17 01:46 PM

Love your Post Fitz!
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Good Times - 08/10/17 03:32 PM

Those are some nice pics! When you gonna start your own Youtube channel? I know I would subscribe!

Re: Good Times - 08/20/17 08:13 PM

Thanks guys and gal.
Urban- Never thought about doing that. You unfiltered in the comments section, would be gold.
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Good Times - 08/20/17 11:26 PM

Great post! I love that type of fishing.
Posted By: dhogdog

Re: Good Times - 08/24/17 04:11 AM

Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing.

Re: Good Times - 08/29/17 03:42 AM

Thanks Fishwfly and dhogdog

I'm ready for round 2!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Good Times - 08/31/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®

I'm ready for round 2!

Looking forward to seeing those fall reports and catches.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Good Times - 09/05/17 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Originally Posted By: Fitz®

I'm ready for round 2!

Looking forward to seeing those fall reports and catches.

Me to! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum