Texas Fishing Forum

Lunchtime On The Pedernales

Posted By: 1960texan

Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/25/17 10:51 PM

I had a couple of work appointments early this morning in Fredericksburg and Johnson City. It always makes me happy when I've got business in that neck of the woods because it means that I'll get a line wet at some point.

Once I was rigged up and on the river I almost immediately got into a school of tiny greens. I'll bet I caught five or six of them in the first couple of minutes, not a single one bigger than four inches long. I moved downriver about thirty yards and caught a few bass that were even smaller. Changed location once again and finally got into a few bigger fish. Not huge, but respectable enough to put a nice bend in the 5 weight before posing for a picture.

I fished for an hour and went back to work, amazed that even in the middle of summer I was able to have a pretty good stretch of the river to myself.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/25/17 11:04 PM

Will you always know how to spend your lunch break! Nice fish on the fly. Good job Sir! thumb

Side Note: Did you fish behind the spillway? hmmm

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/26/17 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Will you always know how to spend your lunch break! Nice fish on the fly. Good job Sir! thumb

Thanks Chuck! Yes sir, walked downstream about a quarter mile and ended with the bluegill just below the spillway.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/26/17 01:39 AM

Nice "work"!
That's a beutiful Greenie, wonder if it's a hybrid (?)
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/26/17 10:52 AM

One of my favorite places to fish, thx for sharing!!
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/26/17 06:00 PM

Very nice. That first pic is a hybrid sunfish. Can't wait to get back down South, less than 2 weeks and counting
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/26/17 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 1960texan
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Thanks Chuck! Yes sir, walked downstream about a quarter mile and ended with the bluegill just below the spillway.

I figured. Kind of looked familiar. coolio We need to hit some spots in the future if you can get the time! thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/28/17 01:13 PM

That's my kind of lunch break thumb

That first fish has the coloration of a warmouth. Interesting fish.

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/28/17 10:31 PM

Thanks Capt. Mac, Hunter, Fitz and Jamie for the responses.

Originally Posted By: J-Moe
That's my kind of lunch break thumb

That first fish has the coloration of a warmouth. Interesting fish.

I have yet to catch a warmouth...they're really cool looking fish and I'm looking forward to getting one on the fly, eventually.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 07/30/17 12:56 PM

1960 Texan you have one SUPER job that allows you to fish throughout Texas. Love your post. woot

Side note. I am on my second year fly fishing and love it. I still use my spinning gear as well especially while fishing from my kayak.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lunchtime On The Pedernales - 08/01/17 05:52 PM

Nice fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum