Texas Fishing Forum

Watching ICAST 2017 for new things

Posted By: Brad R

Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/12/17 12:48 PM

I caught a glimpse on one "live" video of some interesting micro-baits, plastics, and I believe they were 13 Fishing products. It was a live feed so I couldn't back up the video to see what I had just missed, caught just the tail end.

But, here, on a separate short "teaser" video, 13 Fishing has apparently manufactured some cool lures/baits that might work well in the sunfish arena. I'll post back more if and when I see info.

Brad

New lures/baits
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/12/17 02:36 PM

Good stuff!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/12/17 07:59 PM

Gitter Done/All,

It looks like 13 Fishing is coming out with a pretty extensive inventory of small panfish plastics with what appears to be a great deal of attention to detail. You can see a display of these near the very beginning of the video. I see bugs, nymphs, darters, all sorts of shapes and tails.

On their new jig heads, none were on hand but the detail sheet is shown: down to a 1/64 oz. with tungsten weighting, a hook shaped to supposedly snag the upper lip more often.

I look forward to seeing/hearing more about these. I have seen some, even own some, really impressively detailed bug baits out of Japan but the costs are usually high, the shipping fees . . . atrocious. It'd be nice to have another domestic source.

Brad
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/14/17 03:41 AM

Nice looking jigs. Just might have to try em. woot
Posted By: jagg

Re: Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/14/17 08:23 AM

I could get behind these for sure.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Watching ICAST 2017 for new things - 07/14/17 10:11 AM

Those are some super gills. I would be using some nice fat "Night Crawlers"! hooked

Side Note: Nice Jigs! Love that action! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum