Texas Fishing Forum

Fish from cloudy water

Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Fish from cloudy water - 06/20/17 03:20 AM

Question for the forum. Have a place that has some really nice bluegill fishing. The largest ones are in a pond that stays cloudy. The fish don't have much color due to the cloudy water.

Will the dirty water affect the taste of the fish?

JR
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fish from cloudy water - 06/20/17 03:32 AM

I rarely keep fish, but when I do, it's early Spring, late Fall or Winter. Cloudy pond water is going to be hot and the fish may taste "off" or "muddy".

I'm sure you're not the only one wondering, a report on how it turns out would be cool. With all the good food pics that get posted here, other people will know more about this.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fish from cloudy water - 06/20/17 10:42 AM

Water conditions will effect the taste of fish. I usually eat fish from large clear water,water bodies or water bodies that have clear water and are spring fed. One way to improve the taste of your fish if caught from water that stays muddy or cloudy is to dip your fish in mustard before the fry. I use mustard on all my fish. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fish from cloudy water - 06/20/17 03:14 PM

Dip em in mustard. They will be great. food
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fish from cloudy water - 06/23/17 01:02 AM

Dip your fish in mustard. I use regular yellow mustard. Friends of mine use the spicy types of mustard and that works good. I also like the Louisianan Fish Fry Mix-spicy. Been using method for about two years and my fish have always turned out great. food
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum