Texas Fishing Forum

Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year!

Posted By: Laker One

Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 12:50 PM

Taking a poll on the sunfish,including Rios that you have caught so far this year! Feel free to add a remark after completing the poll. So far I have had a pretty good year especially fishing on the fly. Hope the rest of the year is a great one!

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 12:54 PM

I have not caught a Warmouth yet this year. Been using the flyrod most of the time. Would love to catch a Warmouth on the fly along with a carp. That is a goal of mine! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 01:50 PM

I do not fish for the sunnies but I did manage catching a Bluegill while fishing for White Bass! The other six on the list are still on the radar screen.
Posted By: BMART

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 02:56 PM

is rockbass another name for warmouth?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: BMART

Yes it is!

Side Note: As for the survey I have caught them all! hooked Plan on catching a few more! thumb

Side Note: The Warmouth has been the fewest. hide2
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 06:23 PM

Everything but a Warmouth
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/12/17 07:04 PM

Still waiting on my first ever Warmouth and first ever Rio.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/13/17 01:58 AM

Rockbass are a different species from Warmouth. I have still never caught one but have seen a picture of one.

People do use the word Rockbass for both green sunfish and warmouth around this area though.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/13/17 03:06 AM

Caught em all, but only one warmouth, and probably the most long ear. Hitting Dunlap tomorrow am...
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/13/17 03:10 AM

All but a Rio. Still need to make a trip to Rio land...,
Posted By: jagg

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/14/17 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe

Rockbass are a different species from Warmouth. I have still never caught one but have seen a picture of one.

People do use the word Rockbass for both green sunfish and warmouth around this area though.

^ this.

Caught a Rio in a flooded quarry. Was almost 10" and bit on a 3" grub for bass. I think it was dropped in by a bucket biologist. It was pretty nuts!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/18/17 02:32 PM

Not surprised that Rios and Warmouth are the hardest to catch.

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/18/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Not surprised that Rios and Warmouth are the hardest to catch.

Plus one.

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/20/17 02:20 AM

Rios are very hard to find in the places where there are cold winters. Some of those places Rios cant survive. As for Warmouth,they can be hard to find also. Love post like these. thumb

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/20/17 02:48 AM

I caught BG, Redbreast, Green, Rio, Red Spot, Longear, RE and several really cool looking mixes but NO ___________ Warmouth this weekend.

Living in my den isn't so bad, free food and no rent, but they sure don't seem to want to be relocated. cry
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/20/17 12:28 PM

All of them woot
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/21/17 03:12 AM

Had a pretty good year so far. Caught bluegill, greens, redbreasts, redear/bluegill hybrids and longears.

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/22/17 06:10 PM

My Friends, my friends, it pains me to say this but the reason why y'all don't catch many warmouth is y'all have become spoiled and very soft. You have to be willing to go deep into the creeks where the poison ivy and water moccasins live. Fishing every submerged tree and log just to catch ONE grin roflmao

Maybe I could have caught more yesterday but darn those bluegill, longear and crappie distracted me something fierce bang

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/22/17 06:49 PM

That's what I'm talking about! Sweet

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/22/17 07:37 PM

My Friends, my friends, it pains me to say this but the reason why y'all don't catch many warmouth is y'all have become spoiled and very soft. You have to be willing to go deep into the creeks where the poison ivy and water moccasins live. Fishing every submerged tree and log just to catch ONE grin roflmao

Maybe I could have caught more yesterday but darn those bluegill, longear and crappie distracted me something fierce bang

hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/22/17 09:50 PM

roflmao

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/23/17 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: 1960texan

roflmao

I will stay in my nice Kayak fishing the great waters of the Guadalupe River home of some super crappie,sunfish,bass,and Catfish. Nothing beats catching a nice river breeze fishing under a bridge and catching one crappie after another. When you get tired of catching crappie you simply paddle over to your Bluegill hole and catch some nice gills. woot

Side Note: Better yet. I can fish a lighted dock at night,sitting in a nice chair,drinking a cold beer and catching crappie,Bluegill,and bass. Yes Sir you can fish those back waters all you want! roflmao juggle roflmao

Re: Which Sunfish including Rios have you caught this year! - 06/24/17 02:35 AM

Too funny. Now that's spoiled grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum