Texas Fishing Forum

Side Hook a Strange Gill

Posted By: uacdub

Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 01:55 PM

If you have ever seen any of my other post, you know I'm no stranger to catching gills while bass fishin.

Out of the hundreds I've caught this is one of the strangest. Not only the side hook on the T-rig but the color.

Is this thing albino?

Happy Fishin fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 02:02 PM

Bluegill! thumb

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Bluegill! thumb

I know it's a gill. Is it an albino?

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 06:34 PM

I do not think so. The color could be the result of the water condition,spawning season,and general habitat. Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: uacdub
Bluegill! thumb

No, it would have pink eyes. Sunfish can very greatly in color due to a lot of variables...including water clarity.

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Bluegill! thumb

No, it would have pink eyes. Sunfish can very greatly in color due to a lot of variables...including water clarity.

They let you come over here. I thought they kept you locked down in the OT?

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Bluegill! thumb

They let you come over here. I thought they kept you locked down in the OT?

Yup...they just don't let me fish with them anymore. Something about me drinking too much and my vulgar language...LOL!! But Chuck (Banker-Always Fishing) and crew are great people!! The bluegill section is by far the best section on this site.

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 07:07 PM

I have met urban fisher a couple of times over the past few years while fishing the Cibolo Creek. I can honestly say he is a man who loves the outdoors and truly respects the outdoors. Enjoyed each visit I had with him.

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 07:10 PM

I have met urban fisher a couple of times over the past few years while fishing the Cibolo Creek. I can honestly say he is a man who loves the outdoors and truly respects the outdoors. Enjoyed each visit I had with him.

You 2 are so adorable.

haha JK. Urban's alright.

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 07:19 PM

Thanks BAF!!! It has always been an honor when I ran into you. It would probably happen more often...if I fished as much as I use too... peep

One of these days (hopefully soon) I'll dust off that ole fly rod and terrorize those awesome creeks again!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/06/17 09:12 PM

Regular normal Bluegill.

Side note. Love the pink eye comment. roflmao
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/08/17 11:17 PM

What ever it is, its pretty!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/09/17 02:45 AM

I actually think it some genetic version very close to an albino. It is more translucent than white, so I get the thought that it isn't the typical color pattern we'd expect.

Anyway, I don't think this particular fish is colored as it is because of its environment, not totally so. Note the clear fins. Very cool.

Maybe we should say . . . very light complected.

Brad

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/09/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Pot licker
What ever it is, its pretty!

Ha thanks! I thought it was really neat looking. Caught alot of gills in my day and this one was just weird. From side hooking it to the color.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Side Hook a Strange Gill - 06/09/17 05:12 PM

Nice Gill! I think water conditions play a big factor in a fishes condition. I have seen Bluegill posted on this forum a lot over the years with strange color formations.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum