Texas Fishing Forum

A Redbreast Honey Hole!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 04/30/17 11:19 PM

Fished a South Texas River the other day and found a spot that was holding some very nice Redbreast. Caught about twenty fish in an hour. All the fish were in the 8 and 9 inch range. Fish were healthy,fat,and full of fight. Fish were holding in about 4 feet of water next to grass beds. All fish were caught on live worms using both float and bottom techniques. The water was stained due to recent rains and the river was in GREAT shape. All fish were released to fight again. Catching some nice South Texas Redbreast. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: SlowDown

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/01/17 12:08 AM

Super looking place. Congrats on find and fantastic catching.

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/01/17 12:20 AM

Thanks SlowDown for the reply! With the good rainfall that the area has gotten over the last two years this year is going to be GREAT! cheers Lot's of very active fish in South Texas! thumb
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/01/17 12:54 AM

Great post, Chuck! We're lucky to have so many scenic places to fish in this part of the world.

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/01/17 09:32 AM

Thanks Will for the reply! We are very blessed living in a State that produces some super nice fish! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/01/17 09:45 AM

Nice fish Chuck!!

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/05/17 10:12 AM

Thanks Alan for the reply! cheers Hopefully you can make it make down for another trip to the canyon! thumb
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/05/17 04:23 PM

Nice fish and place

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/10/17 10:19 AM

Thanks Clayton for the reply! cheers I am heading to the Sabinal! walking
Posted By: Brad R

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/10/17 02:00 PM

Whew!

You catch some of the best looking fish on some of the best looking bodies of water! That's a hard-to-beat combination.

Brad
Posted By: slabcrazy

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/10/17 06:14 PM

that is a beautiful area just to be there is breath taking not to mention the quality of fish
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/10/17 09:05 PM

That an awesome looking spot Banker. I'll be down South in June, hopefully we can meet up.

Will be on the lookout for fish to put in my tank! jack
Posted By: jagg

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/13/17 06:47 AM

Good to see the redbreasts making an appearance!!

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/17/17 12:06 AM

Thanks Brad,slabcrazy,Andrew,and jagg for the replies! So far this year the Redbreast have been very active. Have caught a bunch! Andrew. Just let me know some dates. Would love to see a "Master" Fly Angler at work! hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/17/17 01:16 PM

Nice fish Chuck! Good job.

Side Note: Have not seen any reports form the Comal River. Usually those spring Redbreast Comal River catches are being posted by now? What's up?

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/22/17 10:37 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers I have not fished the Comal River much so far this year. The times I have I did not do all that well. My favorite spot and at one time was a GREAT Rio hole is being remodeled by the City of New Braunfels. They are putting "green belts" along the river. Hopefully things will improve as far as the fishing goes. thumb

Side Note: I will be fishing the Comal several more times this year! dance2
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 05/29/17 01:23 AM

Hate to hear that. I know the place you are talking about. As the saying goes. "Here today and gone tomorrow". hammer

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 06/04/17 09:42 AM

Another important saying. "You never have enough fishing spots"! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 06/06/17 12:56 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Love catching those Redbreast. So far this year I have caught some nice ones fishing Mcqueeney during late spring. Also caught some good ones when me and my friends kayaked the Nueces Canyon. The Redbreast bite has seemed to have slowed down some. I have not caught any the last two times out.

Side Note: Still seeing sunnies on nest. How about you?

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 06/11/17 09:04 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. Sunfish are still on nest and so are the Rios. Still picking up some nice Redbreast and a lot of nice Bluegill. The Rio bite has been good but a lot of the "Big Bulls" are not biting due to nest duty! Water bodies are in pretty good shape and there are a lot of active fish. thumb

Side Note: How is the Crappie bite? noidea
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 06/16/17 03:52 PM

Crappie bite is great especially during the night. hooked

Re: A Redbreast Honey Hole! - 06/19/17 06:34 PM

Thanks Curtis. I saw Jeff at Academy and he said you all have getting limits at night. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum